Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

Gorgeous Black E38 750iL for $11.5K, only done 103KM

imagine looking at the listing with the car on original wheels. I would laugh at the $11,500 asking price and not look twice.

even with the bbs its still expensive as hell..

• Like 3

I concur... it occurred to me on factory wheels I might not have posted it (or would only have done so to lambaste the price)... which... is the reality here... if work is slow i might do a photoshop correction haha.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BreakMyWindow said:

If it's not tired I reckon that's a reasonable price. A lot of V12 for the money.

I agree, there are not a lot of these around which are not ruined or in need of major repairs. It's not a bargain but seems ok to me. 

4 hours ago, qube said:

imagine looking at the listing with the car on original wheels. I would laugh at the $11,500 asking price and not look twice.

even with the bbs its still expensive as hell..

yes, the standard sales fail.  picture the car for sale with something that's not for sale.  turn off your buyers instantly!  

easier to describe and picture what they're going to get for parting with their hard-earned.

• Like 2

Aren't those standard rims only on the pre facelifted 728i? I don't think seen any 740 or 750is with those rims. 

Id be happy with 16" basketweaves. 

1996 Pre facelift, jap import. With BBSs I'd say 9 or 10k top price for everything perfect.

5 or 6 k tops otherwise. Simply you can do better for cheaper there are more around then you think.

Edited by Breaker
  • Like 2

Still probably rocking 20 yr old fluids and rubber

• Like 1

Eventually these sellers realise there isn't a big market for a 11.5k old Limo that's 20 years old,

Will have to drop it two or three thousand and then they may find someone quirky enough to buy such a car.

That advertising with the mags is pathetic & misleading though. LOOK, BBSs on a 750il! But sorry, comes with 16s... and I'm still asking top dollar.. pfft. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Eagle said:

and E38 V12's aren't exactly uncommon.

Trying to think what it reminded me of then i remembered - http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1369826963.htm

And that's a better example, maybe less fruit, but clean as. But that's been around for at least a year for sale, seconded only by the clown with the ACS E38 who wants 20k and has been trying to flick that for a couple of years.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/1305680997

Edited by Breaker
  • Like 1

Would pay 20k if it was FULLY restored, ie rebuilt suspension, engine and trans. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Would pay 20k if it was FULLY restored, ie rebuilt suspension, engine and trans. 

Or an Alpina B7, that might tempt me

• Like 1

Been a while since I've been on here it would seem..lol

Looks nice on those wheels but as others have said it's a wee bit pricey.

• Like 1