Sign in to follow this  
Frodo88

E46 M3 - Christchurch - History?

Hi, 

I'm currently on the look out for an E46 M3 and came across this one. Appears very low km (45,000) given its age, the first few photos look very clean then the interior and engine bay shots are a little underwhelming. Anyone know the history of this car or viewed it in person? Seems a little odd that its been on the Market for such a long time and not been sold.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1062343759.htm

Thanks in advance for any comments.

This example has sat on Trademe for what seems like the past 18-24 months without selling.

No VIN or plate on auction...K's seem suspicious as personally I don't think the photos reflect a 45,000km car (or at least someone who has properly cared for it over the claimed '45,000km').

My 2c? Tasteless mods, import, lack of service history, potentially troublesome SMG = overpriced. There are plenty of other M3's that will come up for sale at or around $27,000 that will be far better value for money.

• Like 3

2.5 years or more.... pics and price haven't budged. I remember seeing it when I was hunting for a 335i/M3 to buy.

Reversing the horrible mods will cost a fair bit. 

Maybe offer 15 - 20k and see if you get a bargain, otherwise I'd pass. 

The condition doesn't look right for the km's, beware.  worth a drive if you are in the area.  Are you wanting an SMG?  have you done your research on the E46 M3?  theres a few things to look for and i think its worth paying a bit more for one with the must have maintenance/modifications done.

English is the seller's second language, might put people off setting an expectation that he's never going to return a call in time:

"Due to my extremely busy life, my appoligize that I could not get back to you in time, but I will try my best."

Good taste seems to be his third language; OMG have you seen that steering wheel, or those seriously fugly side skirts?  That shopping trolley handle with the droop.  And are they makita springs?!  As Matt points out, you'll need a little in the kitty to address some of these areas.

I don't mind the purple, I'd be tempted to play nothing but The Cure, The Sisters of Mercy, The Mission, and Bauhaus whenever driving it.  I already wear black. 

Shouldn't miss the opportunity to point out the photos are sub-optimal.

A purple M3 driver, yesterday

Staring_richmond.jpg

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I don't mind the purple, I'd be tempted to play nothing but The Cure, The Sisters of Mercy, The Mission, and Bauhaus whenever driving it.  I already wear black. 

Staring_richmond.jpg

come to think of it, I regularly play all of the above - with the exception of The Mission.  Perhaps I need to add a little purple to my wardrobe. :huh:   And buy this M3.

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 3

I think this one has always been priced slightly higher than the market. 

It really needs the ACS wheels to match the ACS style (genuine ? )spoiler / rear wing and rear valance.

Theres a ACS e46 M3 in Wellington with similar kit and it looks stunning looks stunning .

SMGs are now cheaper to repair now that motor replacement kits are available. 

3 hours ago, Olaf said:

English is the seller's second language, might put people off setting an expectation that he's never going to return a call in time:

"Due to my extremely busy life, my appoligize that I could not get back to you in time, but I will try my best."

Good taste seems to be his third language; OMG have you seen that steering wheel, or those seriously fugly side skirts?  That shopping trolley handle with the droop.  And are they makita springs?!  As Matt points out, you'll need a little in the kitty to address some of these areas.

Shouldn't miss the opportunity to point out the photos are sub-optimal.

A purple M3 driver, yesterday

Staring_richmond.jpg

Now this music needs its own thread ?

From all cats are grey.... a very dark album

Edited by Neal
Video clip
  • Like 2

I thought the album was Faith? The one following Seventeen Seconds?  I scored my copy for 99c at Woolworths in 1981, they'd decided selling Vinyl wasn't working for them and none of their clientele were hip enough to buy The Cure.  I couldn't believe my luck.  It still sounds fabulous today.

Okay then, best we start a middle-aged blokes indie and alt music thread:mellow:

EDIT:   tee hee hee, I just did!

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the responses!

Yes aware there is a number of things that will need to be returned to stock. Just waiting on the seller to provide the registration plate so I can do some further digging into the history and kilometers. Apparently received a full service today so I've asked for the invoice to see what has been done and obtained the registration.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Frodo88 said:

Thanks for all the responses!

Yes aware there is a number of things that will need to be returned to stock. Just waiting on the seller to provide the registration plate so I can do some further digging into the history and kilometers. Apparently received a full service today so I've asked for the invoice to see what has been done and obtained the registration.

You realise you'll need to stock your wardrobe with black trench coats and adopt a slow, trudging walk, right?!

(I'm not serious, I like purple cars).

will have a couple of m3 coming up for sale in the near future . 

nz new 03 6spd 209ks

and nz new 04 smg 95ks

or maybe my one nz new 02 smg 137ks

• Like 3

On 24/07/2017 at 2:48 PM, BM WORLD said:

nz new 03 6spd 209ks

tell me more about this one Brent

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FRT said:

tell me more about this one Brent

phonix gold , black leather

19" breyens ,