Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_BMW

E60 550i

While looking through Trademe I came across this 550i, I notice it's a fresh import and the seller has other vehicles for sale yet doesn't list themselves as a dealer.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that this seller has 3 fresh imports (not registered in NZ yet) and the seller isn't listed as a dealer.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1371227772.htm

Very strange yes, but, you're aloud to sell 6 vehicles per year without a dealers license, maybe they are just trying their hand at it, or the license is under application. 

One could make a nice side income selling 6 vehicles a year... if nothing goes wrong, CGA isn't your friend in this case I don't think.

anyone super curious with $10 to burn could carjam KDK864 and see if that car is privately owned or dealer.

Edited by EURO V12

My theory, banned or unregistered trader getting young adults to register under their name, and even help sell, probably get a commission or some sort, true vendor circumvents 6/year rule and remains absolved of dealer type responsibilities including the CGA, its genius.

• Like 1

It's past it's use buy date . It's an old, 11 year old hand grenade. Buy it at the peril of your wallet getting emptied 

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 1

The old adage is ringing true for the E60's, if you couldn't afford a new one, you can't afford an old one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, *Glenn* said:

It's past it's use buy date . It's an old, 11 year old hand grenade. Buy it at the peril of your wallet getting emptied 

really?What makes an e60 a hand grenade?I am seriously considering an E60!

4 hours ago, *Glenn* said:

That's a bit rude, a lot of old WWII hand grenades will still actually do what they were designed to do

Paul, I think the comment was directed at the engine, not the chassis.

An old mechanic once told me just get the car you want, every car has potential to cost money, every car will cost money, so drive the one that you like, you'll fell better spending money on it than spending on a car you don't like.  Toyota Corollas can go to sh*t too if they are mistreated.

39 minutes ago, EURO V12 said:

An old mechanic once told me just get the car you want, every car has potential to cost money, every car will cost money, so drive the one that you like, you'll fell better spending money on it than spending on a car you don't like.  Toyota Corollas can go to sh*t too if they are mistreated.

This is true, in absolute terms. That said... not everyone will have the thousands to sink this car, or others like it, would require, versus the not-so-many-thounsands that corolla would cost you... (statistically speaking, at least.)

It's the 4.8 V8 motor that is the hand grenade. I'd go for a diesel model in any of the BMW's throughout all the ranges for a family vehicle.