Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

Certified Road Legal and E30 Series Compliant 318

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1375637842

Awesome, 2 seater caged E30 318 Race Car, looks in great condition.

From Listing

Compliant 318i, BMW Series Car in immaculate condition. Was not raced last season due to health issue. (The driver not the car). 
Top end rebuild including new series cam and Marsh head by Peter Ball at P&S Auto Centre. Toyo R888 tyres have done one race meeting. Two spare Avanti mag wheels with good tyres. 
Log book up to date and receipts of past work available. 
6 point seat belts were new 2015. This car is immaculate and not had any major collision damage. The fabrication components of the car are exceptional. 
Rego is on hold. WOF will require new owner to apply for a MSNZ Authority Card. No biggey. 
Oil change done this week and gearbox and diff oils checked. Near new Hawk brake pads. 
Will require new series sponsors livery when confirmed by BMW Race Drivers Series committee. 
As these car are road registered, they can be your daily driver and suitable for Targar rally and hill clime events. 
View Karaka rural. Can deliver Auckland area.

619393455.jpg.d4824d4641fe24194fa5c866d18878cc.jpg

looks really tidy, carefully prepped.  If I had the money, I'd buy this, and go racing.

On 21/07/2017 at 9:39 PM, Young Thrash Driver said:

$16K for a 318, this E30 tax is outta control :lol:

Its about par for course for a good series car. Get a car, build it to race series spec & see what it costs...

• Like 1

$16K for a 318, this E30 tax is outta control :lol:

7 hours ago, hotwire said:

Its about par for course for a good series car. Get a car, build it to race series spec & see what it costs...

E30 tax is ridiculous these days, but Grant makes a good point regarding build costs.

A genuinely good, rust-free E30 is a premium item - many have rust in them that the owners don't know about. This one is also NZ new which can count for something.

Prepping for race is an expensive business. There's the obvious roll cage and MSNZ certification, but all the little bits add thousands. What a 'Marsh head' is I don't know, but Peter Ball does good work.

Not sure it's quite $15k-worth, but there'll certainly be more than that invested in it. Buying it as a built and proven car - one you can get in and drive and develop, rather than struggle with - is also good.

I would expect a marsh head to be a tony marsh ported head, if it is that will be worth a small fortune. 

• Like 1