Sign in to follow this  
Ugan

E39 Touring - wet rear floor carpet

Hi

as per the title I have wet rear floor carpets.

opened door cars and the vapour barrier is still sealed properly.

could this be from the sun roof drain? Or is there something I have not checked in the door card , there is a distinct mouldy area over the inside rear door sill but can't track where is is coming from?

cheers

ugan

Edited by Ugan

I watched a video on youtube about this very issue recently. 

Does that look like your issue?

Pour some water over the window and check that it drains out via the drain hole in the lower corner of the door. if it does then your door gaskets are fine, if not you should see water running down between the door card and the lower inner part of the painted door. if this is the case then it's time to entirely remove the door gasket sealant and apply new sealant - I wouldn't use silicone as it will be a pig of a job when the rear window regulators eventually need replacing.

Thanks will check it out again tomorrow.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:36 AM, BreakMyWindow said:

Pour some water over the window and check that it drains out via the drain hole in the lower corner of the door. if it does then your door gaskets are fine, if not you should see water running down between the door card and the lower inner part of the painted door. if this is the case then it's time to entirely remove the door gasket sealant and apply new sealant - I wouldn't use silicone as it will be a pig of a job when the rear window regulators eventually need replacing.

Thanks this fixed the issue, had to remove the door gasket and re seal.

• Like 2