Sign in to follow this  
SmithyInWelly

3 Series Touring - up to $10k

So after considering numerous options - I keep coming back to the realisation that a 3 series wagon; with six cylinders, is what would tick all my boxes as a DD.

I'm a mechanical numpty - so something that's older and well looked after would be a better bet than something newer that isn't... as much as I'd love a 335i - a 330i would be the biz (for me).

There's a couple of e91 330's for sale at the moment - both of which are in Auckland... one NZ New that seems to have mysteriously increased in value since I first noticed it a month or two ago; and another that's ex UK with higher mileage and a few wee niggles (tho some M-sport bits)... something in; or closer, to Wellington would be ideal.

Give me a shout if you know of anything that might suit... (I don't want to "have" to buy an Audi lol).

Edited by SmithyInWelly

E91 330i are pretty uncommon.  More likely is 325i, 335i.

unless you go e90 330i.

great news that you've refined your target, looking forward to seeing what you turn up, and coming along to some meets!

• Like 1

Yeah - the E91's are pretty scarce.... saw a very nice 330d in Whitby yesterday - oh well, it'd be outta my $$$$ range anyway.

A good e46 is more likely, unless another bargain 130i pops up... would be great to meet you all - and be able to use my b'sport sticker!

.... add a BMW Club NZ sticker to that, and you're golden! ^_^

330i wagon e46 would be very nice, and they do come up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SmithyInWelly said:

And had a skylight lol

Dunno, I tend to think of skylight/sunroofs as "That thing that will either break, or leak, or both." ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SmithyInWelly said:

And had a skylight lol

and decent paint (the hood is knackered), and an interior that looks like it's not done 350k kms.  decent tyres, and rims.  hmmm, $3k is reasonable anyway.  

• Like 1

nope.  looks alright though.  big scoring on that rotor... still, rotors can be replaced.

• Like 1