Sign in to follow this  
HamishE36

New Member Wellington - M52 318ti

Hi Everyone,

I bought this car just before Christmas last year, and have been driving it as my daily since then. It's a '96 318ti with a stroked 328i motor & 5 speed box, 325 diff, 330 brakes and bilsteins on all four corners.

I've progressively been working to tidy things up as various bits of trim are a bit tired, but in general it's been great fun. Have had issues with passenger seat occupancy sensor, vacuum leaks and broken wires at the speedo sensor, all fixed with relatively little drama so far.

As it's a struggle to drive it at anything close to its potential on the road, I took it up for the MCC Envirowaste Autocross on the full circuit at Manfield a month or so ago, which I highly recommend (there's another one in November). While my times didn't set the world on fire, it was pretty respectable for a comfortable road car.

I look forward to meeting up with the Wellington crowd at some point.

Cheers,

Hamish

IMG_1762.JPG

• Like 3

ditto!  welcome along Hamish, nice looking Ti!

Howdy Hamish :) Looks like buckets of fun in the pocket rocket.

FYI we're reviving the BMW Car Club in Wellington too and have an AGM tomorrow evening for paid members. Let us know if you are interested. 

Look forward to meeting you soon.

Welcome Hamish your Ti hybrid sounds like a bit of fun, we look forward to meeting you & spying your car