Sign in to follow this  
Jona

Are smoked tail lights/indicators legal?

Hey there,

Just joined up here so not too sure whether this is in the right place but I was just wondering whether smoked tail lights/indicators are legal?
An example of a pair can be seen HERE. I've seen quite a few E30's for sale on Trade Me in the past which have these installed, I find they look quite nice opposed to the stock however I would've thought they wouldn't be allowed. If they are illegal, how about ones with clear along the top & red on the bottom instead of the tint with the red bottom? Can't seem to find much online in regards to this. I've attached a couple of photos of ones I've seen with them installed.

Thanks in advance!

14716133_10211259477302195_7958039090699820914_n.jpg

597716838.jpg

You'll notice both those vehicles have added reflectors on the rear panel, you can use these lights as long as you put reflectors on the rear of the vehicles as the factory lights already have a reflector in them.

Have just been through this process with the cert guy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, allan said:

really punny mate, haha cheers.

8 hours ago, WYZEUP said:

You'll notice both those vehicles have added reflectors on the rear panel, you can use these lights as long as you put reflectors on the rear of the vehicles as the factory lights already have a reflector in them.

Sweet thanks bro, saves me some time 

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, WYZEUP said:

Me too, the Rusty E28 has smoked lights and I had to add 2 reflectors for WoF / Cert