Sign in to follow this  
paww

E36 M-sport bumpers

I made a mess of under side of my front bumper on my E36 318ti which has the M-Sport kit on it. Been looking to pick up a replacement but it seems there's two specs? One has a mesh style and the other has fins in the centre.

Images here: 

Couple of questions, different specs? Will both fit? or are they part of different 'body kits' I saw something to suggest one is "AC style" (presumably ac schnitzer?)

My own digging suggestions that that the mesh or fins are just an insert (I'd love to look on my but the mesh section is now missing) and that both could be interchangeable? Looking at images alone makes it look like the grill and lower section under the headlights are the same, unsure though.

It doesn't look like an age thing as I've seen both styles on the same year of car.

Edited by paww
typos typos

They are the same bumper and the mesh/fins are interchangeable. Usually the M3's come with the mesh and the rest non M3's (323i 325i 328i etc) come with the fins. You can remove the fins and custom fit any type of mesh DIY and looks the part.

The only difference between prefacelift and facelift is the nose panel which has different sized holes for the kidney grills which are either PFL - the grill sinks inside, and the FL - the grill lumps out a bit more (like your attached photo).

Edited by qube

Thanks @qube, odd mine came with my mesh in it in the first place if it was an M3 thing. Helpful to know it's one less thing to worry about when I keep hunting to one in good condition, that's the right colour.  :) 

Facelift E36's with the motorsport body kit  all seem to have mesh, same as the M3.