Sign in to follow this  
Jona

E30 Timing Belt - Auckland

Hi guys,

Just about to buy a 1991 E30 320i and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable, good priced place to get a timing belt and water pump change done in Auckland.

Thanks!

Edited by Jona

There are a number of quality places, including some of our sponsors here, depends where you live.

East: Botany Motor Worx

Central: BM Workshop

Shore: Bellars Motor Works

Whangaparaoa: Hell BM

And perhaps a few more I'm forgetting...

Welcome BTW and post pics of the car when you pick it up. Manual by any chance?

• Like 1

Sweet, actually out west but don't mind dropping it somewhere. Do you happen to know an approximate price id be looking to pay? Thanks!

Edit: Unfortunately it's an auto, will just have to get it swapped at some stage :P

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
No need to quote previous post

I couldn't be sure I'm afraid.

I expect a water pump would be at least two hours labour + parts and assuming you mean "timing belts" then that would fit into the same window but parts again would be extra.

If an E30 is about the same cost as an E36 then pump, thermostat, belts, pulleys would be ~$250 and then more if you needed tensioners, hoses, clamps etc, etc.

Talk to one of those shops above, you should be okay. If you have doubts or questions about their advice then post back here. 

Edit: if the engine needs to be "timed" and you're asking these questions then don't buy the car.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Okay, I'll get in contact with them, cheers for the info! 

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Quoting previous post

7 hours ago, Jona said:

Hi guys,

Just about to buy a 1991 E30 320i and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable, good priced place to get a timing belt and water pump change done in Auckland.

Thanks!

I would strongly suggest that you spend your money wisely and get a PPI carried out first and then cost what may actually need to be done. There may be quite alot more that needs to be done on a 26 year old E30. And I did get your email. I would need to see the vehicle before giving you an estimate on cost and unfortunately we don't fit parts supplied unless by arrangement.

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 8