Sign in to follow this  
Species 8472

New Member with Z3

Hello guys,

I'm peter, since 5 years owner of a Z3 2L automatic. When I bought it I rather wanted to have a manual, but I fell for the low K\s (32.000) and it was only for sale 2 k's away. And I like the color, Siena rot.

I did some moderated mods, I changed my shocks for the Bilstein B12 kit with Eibach springs and changed all of my bushes for red strongflex bushes. The fitters on my work welded a ireland kit in for me. My rear wheels had about 3.20 degrees camber on them, and I was wearing out tires faster than I could afford them. After the mod, the aligner guy was able to bring it back to 1.9 degrees. I also put angel eyes in in the headlights (and gave misses Species 8472 an heart attack with the lights in the oven). And I detangonized my front blinkers and placed 2 color leds in them. The whites are now my daylight driving lights.

I am a Dutchy, and came in 2008 in New Zealand for a better life. Yes I have clogs, no I don't wear them. Yes weed is legal in NL, you are alowed to have 5 plants (sorry, off topic)

2 weeks ago my autotranny crapped out. Only 85k on the counter. I'm an moderate driver, but I had a speed contest between an other car two years ago on the Napier-Taupo road. But I didn't pull it over the red line. Maybe it ruined it, who knows...I hope I can use the expertise for this problem on the forum, but I shall open a separate topic for it.

TjQfQqI.jpg

Edited by Species 8472
  • Like 2

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum their is a whole heap of knowledge available here so no doubt you will get answers to any problems you may have. The slush box In short dump it and for fill your wish of a manual. In saying that do some research on the cost of both the conversion to manual against overhauling the auto plus the cost of a second hand replacement unit. Best of luck with what ever you decide.

Edited by allan

Hi Peter and welcome to BimmerSport - great community here with heaps of knowledge. Love the photo of your Z3.

Good advice from Allan - weigh your options - but don't do it whilst wearing your clogs :P

Welcome Peter.

Good luck with your manual conversion.

Welcome Peter

manaual conversion certainly sems the ay to go.