Sign in to follow this  
Ash

e90 led angel eyes, frm module short circuit count reset

hi guys i have a 2007 e90 320i, no idrive

i changed the led angel eye bulbs to led and they had been going good for a few months. then the passenger side angel eye started flickering, over time it completely stopped working. its putting out the code cc-id 13 which is a fault which the passenger angel i believe. changing the bulbs doesnt solve the issue.

so i am led to believe that it is an issue regarding the frm module. from what ive read online, when the frm module detects a short circuit within the system, after the ignition has been cycled 50 times, it will disable that circuit to prevent damage. normally the frm module would need to be replaced in this instance, but i have seen online that you can solve frm short circuit issues with some coding. people use the toolset32 program to reset the short circuit count from 50 back to zero to tell the frm to turn on the circuit again. 

is there anyone in auckland or hamilton that is able to help me. so annoying driving with one angel eye, and the bulb warning never goes away.