Sign in to follow this  
Mada

Question on tyre fitment - 135i

Heya

My 135i needs some new front tyres. Im sticking with RFT for now as my rear tyres have heaps of tread and I know you cant mix and match RFT with non RFT. The factory size tyre on the front is 215/40/18  and 245/35/18 on the back.

Wondering if I can fit 225/40/18 on the front? Found some second hand tyres for fairly cheap on trademe - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1396677214

So hoping to buy these and stick em on the front. Thoughts?

PS. I am running the factory rims.

Edited by Mada

4 hours ago, Mada said:

Heya

My 135i needs some new front tyres. Im sticking with RFT for now as my rear tyres have heaps of tread and I know you cant mix and match RFT with non RFT. The factory size tyre on the front is 215/40/18  and 245/35/18 on the back.

Wondering if I can fit 225/40/18 on the front? Found some second hand tyres for fairly cheap on trademe - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1396677214

So hoping to buy these and stick em on the front. Thoughts?

PS. I am running the factory rims.

What Wheels are you running? there are a few different types of factory wheels for you car. have a look here and find your ones. http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/ 

That aside you should be able to 225/40/18 with out any problems I would think as long as your front wheels are 7.5inch or wider. Once you have found out what wheel you have go here(http://www.willtheyfit.com/) and make sure the new tires will work. 

From the photo it says those tyres are from 2013. It's hardly new.

I would just fit 4 new normal tyres and sell your good rft rear pair

Edited by qube
  • Like 1

Just now, qube said:

From the photo it says those tyres are from 2013. It's hardly new.

I would just fit 4 new normal tyres and sell your good rft rear pair

I didnt notice a date anywhere? But 2013 is a long time ago now. I think ill pass! Cheers

Yeah I would do what Qube said. Cannot wait to get rid of the rft's. I find them terrible on the 135i

Ditch the runflats, get some Assy 3's, never look back.

I found that much stagger resulted in epic understeer in the E87, could still overwhelm the rear when provoked, but the front let go much easier when loaded up in a corner. 135 has more power, but not that much more. I guess BMW do it for looks and "understeer safety" ? 

I run 225 front 235 rear and it feels pretty neutral 

I got some BBS 18x8 with re003s 225 40 18 on them on my 130 if u r interested in a swap plus cash my way for your stock wheels. 

Planning to sell my car so not bothered if I put stock wheels on it

8 hours ago, qube said:

I got some BBS 18x8 with re003s 225 40 18 on them on my 130 if u r interested in a swap plus cash my way for your stock wheels. 

Planning to sell my car so not bothered if I put stock wheels on it

Edit, nevermind. Saw your post in the FS section. Not really what im after man, cheers though!

Edited by Mada

12 hours ago, Jacko said:

Ditch the runflats, get some Assy 3's, never look back.

I found that much stagger resulted in epic understeer in the E87, could still overwhelm the rear when provoked, but the front let go much easier when loaded up in a corner. 135 has more power, but not that much more. I guess BMW do it for looks and "understeer safety" ? 

I run 225 front 235 rear and it feels pretty neutral 

Assy 3's ?

Latest Eagle F1s, as good as Assy 2s (in wet and dry) but with apparently longer tread life.