Sign in to follow this  
No name user

N55 Turbo upgrade

So, someone on here was trusting enough to let me do work for them, i know right ? ( one day you guys will get my humor )

Anyway, this wasn't a major upgrade just the comp wheel as turbine upgrade means using Chang made product and i refuse to touch them.

Comp wheel is MFS ( shinny ) 50mm inducer with increase radius and tip height,

Issues are they are so new very few parts can be obtained so i had to make the turbine rings as this needed oversizing as it had been leaking oil badly.

Holding the comp cover is a pain due to the outlet angle so a jig was needed, disappointing things are the stock built in blow valve the hole is way to small to be effective and the turbine wheel weighs a ton or at least shooting way about what it should be for its size.

End result a nice wee bolt in for those wanting a tad more without hurting drive ability and cost effect being well below 1k for my end at least.

20170824_152856.jpg

20170829_172740.jpg

20170829_173152.jpg

• Like 9

can if you like apart from cost its no bigger in size but at least its not plastic