Simca

BMW Hopeful

Hi there everyone!

I currently have two non BMW cars:

A 1970 Simca 1501 Wagon

Tc4thyF.jpg

And a 1988 Toyota Corolla:

pkq24vW.jpg

I am currently looking at selling my Corolla and buying an e30 coupe. Looking for a manual, 6 cyl coupe if anyone knows anything. While I like my Corolla I am looking for something... more.

Thanks for having me here.

Welcome Quinn to the forum No please no don't sell the Corolla they are one of the most reliable vehicles i have ever owned. Over a 5 year period i tried to kill in it would not die. This is a BMW forum I know buy a e30 if you must and find a good unmolested one but at the end of the day the old toy motor will still be going hard.While the bimmer will be or has been in bits many times over.  my 2 cents worth

welcome!  sell the simca, keep the corolla & squirt fishoil into every crevice and seam you can, and it should last forever.  bulletproof drivetrain, rust was their nemesis.

e30 manual 6cyl coupe?  have you deep pockets, and a love of scene tax?  they're a good car, but rather inflated pricewise in todays market.  buy an e46 instead, better car, better value!  

Awesome vehicles you have! They fit into those photos very well, is that film you're shooting?? 

Something about old cars eh, good luck finding an E30! 

Welcome

Edit: This member's E30 matches your criteria and is for sale. They're not cheap! 

Edited by Kepes

@olaf and @allan:

I mean you guys aren't wrong... The Corolla has done 388 000 kms and it has zero rust. I reckon it is one of the cleanest examples of a ke70 you can find in NZ. Completely mint interior, no cracks on dash. 0 rust anywhere on the car. Engine is going strong, gearbox is going strong, no diff whine. Even got the original jack and tool kit and owners manual. That being said, it is more gutless than my Simca and I am looking for something a little faster, while keeping it retro and cool.

@kepes

Yeah it's 35mm film. Portra 400. Got a bit more pics of my cars if you want to see them.

Also yeah that's nice but it's about $9k too expensive still. Looking to spend around $6k, maybe a bit more. Nearly bought a pre-facelift 325i manual coupe off of one of my dad's colleagues for $5k but his son in law convinced him to keep it (sucks, we'd agreed on the deal and I'd already started clearing my Toyota stocks). I'd be alright buying an auto, just as long as it's 6 cyl, mostly unmolested and North Island.

with that sort of budget you shouldn't have to many promblems fing a decent 325.  

• Like 1