Sign in to follow this  
Kepes

WTB E32 master cylinder 750i/iL

Hi, as per title. 

Master Cylinder on the E30 is buggered so may as well upgrade. Wrecker in Auckland wants $180 which im not willing to pay for something with 220km on it.
Somebody may have one laying around?

Some earlier 735i (pre 89) have the right MC also. Part #34311156643

Cheers @Gabe79

I did see those Uro branded ones on Ebay, do you know anything about them? Might be worth a try

Hi Toby

Real keen to find out how much difference this master cylinder will make. If your gunna buy one overseas let me know and we could buy together and save freight costs.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, Rob HB1 said:

Hi Toby

Real keen to find out how much difference this master cylinder will make. If your gunna buy one overseas let me know and we could buy together and save freight costs.

Cheers

Just out of interest did you get a price from the dealer?

39 minutes ago, Kepes said:

Cheers @Gabe79

I did see those Uro branded ones on Ebay, do you know anything about them? Might be worth a try

I don't know anything about them actually.  I've only bought small things from eBay, like PDCs from china and key fobs. Both of those I can recommend. Were I in your shoes, I'd be considering local used, or fcp. I'm a huge fcp groupie though. Lifetime warranty is hard to pass up for me. 

Edit: URO parts gets bad ratings from BMW forum reviewers. Buy the ATE part for a bit more. I'll be doing yet another fcp order soon, you're welcome to tag along for reduced shipping. 

Edited by Gabe79
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

I don't know anything about them actually.  I've only bought small things from eBay, like PDCs from china and key fobs. Both of those I can recommend. Were I in your shoes, I'd be considering local used, or fcp. I'm a huge fcp groupie though. Lifetime warranty is hard to pass up for me. 

Edit: URO parts gets bad ratings from BMW forum reviewers. Buy the ATE part for a bit more. I'll be doing yet another fcp order soon, you're welcome to tag along for reduced shipping. 

Agree with you on FCP, big fan. 

Just had a quick look re the Uro stuff and yup you're right. Found ATE for $250 NZD landed on Ebay so looks like that'll be the cheapest option. Thanks for the offer of combining shipping though! 

Do you guys think $180 is steep for a used MC? I thought the wrecker in Auckland would say ~$50. I've never bought one though, so maybe that's the going rate. Pick-a-part list them as $29.

Edited by Kepes

49 minutes ago, Rob HB1 said:

Just out of interest did you get a price from the dealer?

Nope

23 minutes ago, Kepes said:

Agree with you on FCP, big fan. 

Just had a quick look re the Uro stuff and yup you're right. Found ATE for $250 NZD landed on Ebay so looks like that'll be the cheapest option. Thanks for the offer of combining shipping though! 

Do you guys think $180 is steep for a used MC? I thought the wrecker in Auckland would say ~$50. I've never bought one though, so maybe that's the going rate. Pick-a-part list them as $29.

Why not try a pick apart? Wreckers charge a huge premium for taking parts out for you. ?

Just now, Gabe79 said:

Why not try a pick apart? Wreckers charge a huge premium for taking parts out for you. ?

Haha, yeah clearly! It's nuts. No 750s at pickapart local to me :(

Look for one in Auckland.  I'll be doing pickapart rounds next week. If you find one up here... note $180 for a used one is just taking the piss when a new one is $250. 

Edited by Gabe79