Sign in to follow this  
bennz

Potential M2/1M owner...perhaps?

Hi everyone,

I have been a member for a while but I diverted from owning a bimmer for quite some time.

But now I am back in the game and  deciding if I should go with a M2. I did own an E92 M3 and bought a new 116i few years ago. overall experience with BMW for me was average. Both with the dealer in Wellington and the cars.

I currently own and drive a Porsche, looking to downgrade (price wise), and read through many reviews and watched videos on M2, Did a test drive as well with a DCT (manuals are rare in nz ?). My initial impression was alright, DCT was much nicer than what AMG offers, but behind PDK for sure, Engine and exhaust noise (even pumped through speakers) seemed okay, and handling was good (Steering felt responsive enough).

I am also keen to get my hands on a 1M, but can't find one locally in wellington. 

What is important in a car to me are:

1- Driving sensation - Connection with the car and enjoying driving it all the time( that's why i went Porsche )

2- Reliability ( New M2 vs. Out of warranty 1M )

3- Practicality ( two door is fine , but boot space and good size back seats can be handy )

4- Retaining its value ( I feel M2 is going to depreciate same way A45 AMG did )

5- Size (Looking for something small , yet alive ) drove M4 and was not impressed at all

My question is,  anyone in Wellington owns 1M which I could see and get a feel for? 

Do you recommend 1M over M2 in general?

Edited by bennz