Sign in to follow this  
YevJenko

Another newbie in Wellington

Hi folks

Another Wellie newbie. I'm picking up my 08 525i Motorsport e61 from Auckland next week and driving it back down - got to welcome it to the family with a decent drive. I wanted the 530i but couldn't find one in Motorsport spec in my price range

British bloke, lived in Wellie for 15 years. Moving from a V6 Audi A4  wagon to the touring. I have only had Euro cars apart from one japper which confirmed my belief that they are dangerous... cos you fall asleep while driving the boring things. This will be my first bimmer, but have had lots of vag group cars, a couple of Saab's, a couple of Peugeot/Citroen's, a 70's Merc that had to be sold to buy a house (pesky houses), and a couple British and Italian runabouts. Have always lusted after a beemer since the original m5 days, and have finally got my way.

The touring will be the family run about, as the daily driver is an Aprillia 1000cc motorbike.

Hope to see a few of you around the windy city.

Adrian

P.s. I have NCS expert + D/k cable on its way from Europe so if anyone needs to borrow it, or me when I've worked out how to use it, give me a shout

Edited by YevJenko
Fat finger typos
  • Like 2

Dealers pics. He listed it as an 09, but it's a march 08 build date with panoramic roof and half leather m-sport

628464122.jpg

628464130.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome aboard & hope you have a great trip back in the new toy

5 hours ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Welcome; nice wagon too!

I was just researching diag tools after my CEL came on again this morning (sigh).

Cheers Smithy

When my cable arrives (probably towards end of next week at this rate) you're more than welcome to use it. The eBay ad says it suits E90/91 as it's a switchable d-can/k-can cable and comes with this lot (plus access to the error code catalogue)

● INPA (v5.0.6)
● Ediabas (v7.3.0)
● DIS 
● SSS Progman  (v32)
● NCS Expert (v4.0.1)
● WinKFP (v5.3.1)
● Toolset32 (v4.0.3)
● TIS  (latest version)
● Navcoder (trial)

It doesn't have the adapter for older connectors though

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barryn said:

Welcome aboard & hope you have a great trip back in the new toy

Cheers Barry

Cheers Adrian, I ducked into Supercheap to confirm it was what I thought it was; which it is so that's all good.

I find the whole scanning thing really bluddy confusing as there are different results depending on what it's plugged into... I've even gotten varying codes from the same brand of equipment lol.

For someone who's not a mechanical/electrical guy it's all a bit too hard.

Welcome, Adrian.  Nice looking wagon!  Do subscribe to the Wellington Meetings room, be great to see you at any of the meetups in welly that we organise from time to time.

More e60/e61 love!

Welcome! Keen to hear how the drive back goes and your thoughts of it after an 8hr-ish trip :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, SmithyInWelly said:

Cheers Adrian, I ducked into Supercheap to confirm it was what I thought it was; which it is so that's all good.

I find the whole scanning thing really bluddy confusing as there are different results depending on what it's plugged into... I've even gotten varying codes from the same brand of equipment lol.

For someone who's not a mechanical/electrical guy it's all a bit too hard.

I'm sure we can figure it out with Dr Google and the folks in this board. If you can wait that long. You may need to get it into your fave mechanic sooner though. Who do you use?

3 hours ago, Olaf said:

Welcome, Adrian.  Nice looking wagon!  Do subscribe to the Wellington Meetings room, be great to see you at any of the meetups in welly that we organise from time to time.

More e60/e61 love!

Thanks Olaf. I'll check in and see. Have young ish minions though, but we'll see

2 hours ago, treone said:

Welcome! Keen to hear how the drive back goes and your thoughts of it after an 8hr-ish trip :rolleyes:

Me too. And comparing it to the Audi. Although we are staying in Taupo so not quite as bad. 

It has only done 100 km since coming into the country in Dec last year... Nervous!

Edited by YevJenko

21 minutes ago, YevJenko said:

Thanks Olaf. I'll check in and see. Have young ish minions though, but we'll see

no dramas, we're a broad church.  there are others with young minions through to teens.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YevJenko said:

A few of us have young ones. Can set up a run suitable if interested ?

• Like 2

While I have the best of intentions... I don't get to do it much on the 'other site' either

I just don't get the time to ride out really. This is nice though. Wellington here I come

IMG_20170909_140427.jpg

vaya con dios!

In Taupo. Hitting the hot pools. Going well so far, tyres scalloped/feathered but the car seems so well set up on the Motorsport suspension. Really eager to turn in and hold the line. Need to sort out one of the keys though. Unlocks car fine but doesn't seem to detect that the key is in the car (comfort access option on this car), other key is fine though.

Road trip on hold for a day as my daughter got sick in the night. Oh well. Another day in the hot pool

IMG_20170910_120806.jpg

So... Didn't quite make it to Wellie...

One of the 4.5 yr old runflats blew in Paraparaumu, about 60k from Wellington, at 7pm. The problem being that it blew on the sidewall so no driving that bad boy home (stupid no spare). And the tow truck can only take 2 passengers, not a family of four. Luckily I borrowed a Honda rattle box of a friend up the road in Raumati and managed to get the family home, although my 8 yr old boy was upset at not being able to get the new car home (chip of the old block that one). Got Tony's tire service to beat an online quote so now have the car back today running two Spanish membat runflats on the back. They seem like good tires so will be changing the fronts as well.

Kiwi post say my cable and NCS expert will arrive Monday so I'll see what I can do with the keys, Japanese speech recognition and radio. Anyone know what we can do with the Jap navigation system?