Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Price drop - 1995 E36 318i manual saloon - $2000

Got to go. Being out of work is more demanding than having a job. :(

This was bought by us a year or so ago for Miss M to learn to drive in. All went well 'til she went off to Uni, and subsequently decided that driving a manual really wasn't her thing. So she has a 318Ti now.

I've been driving this back and forth to work for some time. It's great. Really. Very economical, returning an easy 14-15km per litre. Yes, it is the M43 engine but I'm really enjoying driving it. Smooth, (seems) more torquey than the M44-powered 318Ti, very comfortable.

It's had some sensible updates: 328i front discs and calipers, slightly lower suspension using Monroe shocks (fitted when we bought the car) and Eibach springs. And for looks, a set of rear lights with white indicator lenses. Just looks nicer, in my opinion.

Service wise the cooling system has recently had all the work it needs - thermostat, hoses, pipes, and a new rad. As many on here will know, I'm fastidious about oil and filter changes and these have been done immediately after we got the car (didn't actually need it) and then every 6000km. Engine is sooo clean. All fluids were changed when we bought it - diff oil, gearbox, brake fluid, coolant, even the washer fluid.

Now showing just under 260000km, with the last 60000 or so being almost entirely SH1. Certainly all long trips.

Comfy black leather interior with no rips, splits, or burn holes. Pic of the drivers seat included: it's the most used part of the car.

Only possibly significant issue (depending on your perspective) I am aware of is paintwork. The paint colour is Cordobarot and the drivers side front wing and the outside edge of the bonnet have lacquer peel (pic attached), and the lacquer has peeled from the sunroof. We had the rear bumper and rear arches sorted soon after we bought it.
The previous owner got a little carried away with black plasti-dip, doing the grill and several other bits. We've been gradually peeling it away.
The drivers' side rear door doesn't unlock on the remote. Probably an actuator issue, but it's easier to unlock manually from the inside than to pull the door apart.
No fog light aperture covers in the lower front valance.

LCA bushes replaced. WoF 'til early May 2018; will be sold with current rego.

Will be sold on good, Style 18 rims with excellent (<5000km, 6mm+++) tyres.

So - mechanically very good. Cosmetically - generally good, except a couple of areas that would benefit from some attention.

I've seen some rough automatics advertised at $2500. We paid more than that (probably paid too much, to be fair), but that seems like as good a place to start as any other.

WP_20170906_005.jpg

WP_20170906_006.jpg

WP_20170906_003.jpg

WP_20170211_004.jpg

WP_20170211_003.jpg

WP_20170211_002.jpg

Edited by gjm
Price drop. :(

Need pics! I had one of these a long time ago, nostalgia is strong with this one.

• Like 2

Updated with pics and some more details.

• Like 1

If anyone down south is interested, we could bring the car down to Whanganui on the 23rd.

bump sensible price for such a car! GLWS Graham! 

• Like 2

Thanks SJ. :)

I've updated the rego details (renewed through Jan 2018) in the first post.

As the listing says... Make me an offer!

• Like 1

Brand new WoF, months of rego, near new tyres, excellent interior, running faultlessly. Driving so well I'm actually questioning the sanity of selling...

C'mon. Someone must need a reliable and cheap runaround!

Trip meter reached 875.2km before I put fuel in.

And the low fuel light hadn't come on.

Bump. :)