Sign in to follow this  
treone

Couple of tempting X5's?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1400391658 -

A NZ New 4.6l that seems to have had some major work done recently. No need to worry about chain guides with this one ;).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1407367634.htm -

Saw this one parked in the CBD today. Looks to be in a great condition for the age/kms. Seller seems to give it an honest description. Still maintains the practically with the LPG cylinder tank's stealth install - No tank in the boot to take all the space! Being duel fuel will it have a range of 1000-1200 kms? Be interesting to see what it goes for.

• Like 1

That top link one is very nice looking! I like the colour and as compared to the bottom link... I hate auctions, so top link is my vote. :) (and not my money!)

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

The top one gets my vote too! Damn it - if I didn't have one already I would seriously consider handing over what they're asking for it! Which I think is pretty good considering the work that's been done.

Love that blue one, very well presented

• Like 1

haha, that was quick! Whatcha gonna do with that new toy of yours then!?

The mini is staying. Too much fun. But the 130 is up for sale or replacement for something stupid like a 4.6L X5

• Like 2

4.6is is v. nice. I know the guy selling the LPG unit (but not well).

yep, I like that iS as well.  First photo is shot at a combo of unflattering angle and unflattering focal length.  Can't argue it's a sweet hot rod.  And I do like the dark burl walnut.  comparatively low kms to boot.

The black one has sold for $8,749.00

Going to catch some flak for this put my opinion the blue does make a nice change  I'll give it that for the rest. It's 15 years old, NZ rego 12 feb 2002 assembled December 2001,sold twice by the same firm good on them ( more info why ) . Asking $15,000 on the steep side, fuel economy what economy,141,000 k's and it has had major engine work ,suspension work.Which appears to have been under warranty ( doesn't say BMW  or other warranties ) but not a good look for reliability.and what ever else required attention plus it's routine servicing. With all that work done it should be good to go for another 10,0000k -_- arh wait it's a BMW and an X5 ;)

1 hour ago, allan said:

The black one has sold for $8,749.00

Going to catch some flak for this put my opinion the blue does make a nice change  I'll give it that for the rest. It's 15 years old, NZ rego 12 feb 2002 assembled December 2001,sold twice by the same firm good on them ( more info why ) . Asking $15,000 on the steep side, fuel economy what economy,141,000 k's and it has had major engine work ,suspension work.Which appears to have been under warranty ( doesn't say BMW  or other warranties ) but not a good look for reliability.and what ever else required attention plus it's routine servicing. With all that work done it should be good to go for another 10,0000k -_- arh wait it's a BMW and an X5 ;)

Agree $15K is a bit high - from my experience with these vehicles there's a bunch of stuff that WILL happen at some point and it's better to buy when someone else has had the work done (and you have evidence of this). If not, then you'll wear it - in which case you better have a MBI policy.  At 15yrs you can attach up to a *4* year policy - and BMW Club members can get a discount on these.

These are not a cheap beastie to own. But they are awesome :D

• Like 1