Sign in to follow this  
Gabe79

SOLD M54 valve cover

Due to a slight mistake, I have two brand new M54 valve covers from FCP Euro that are surplus to requirements. If anyone is keen, hey have a lifetime warranty from FCP Euro, but that applies to me only. I'd be happy to extend it to any buyer in this forum as well. I commit to working as the in-between between buyer and FCP Euro.

These are them https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-valve-cover-e46-e39-genuine-bmw-11121432928

Say $400 each, which is a well below cost.

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

Edited by Gabe79
Reduced price.

What??? So you ended up with 3 total??? :lol: Wishful thinking, was it?

Mine is cracked... but it's not the only leak anyway :(

Why hasn't someone made (affordable) alloy ones, yet?

Just now, Allanw said:

What??? So you ended up with 3 total??? :lol: Wishful thinking, was it?

Mine is cracked... but it's not the only leak anyway :(

Why hasn't someone made (affordable) alloy ones, yet?

Yes. I ended up with three. Keeping one as I have a leak anyway  

These might not be alloy, but they are guaranteed for life, or till fcp goes out of business anyway. ?

• Like 1

FCP question - what do you usually pay for shipping to NZ? (small packages / wide packages)

You use their UPS option?

12 minutes ago, 325_driver said:

FCP question - what do you usually pay for shipping to NZ? (small packages / wide packages)

You use their UPS option?

Always UPS. USPS is mediocre now. 

Ive paid as little as $30 in shipping for small boxes, as much as $130 for heavier items. 

Edit: I normally cap out at $75ish in shipping. Three valve covers cost $130ish in shipping. 

Edited by Gabe79

I've been using NZ Post's new service called youshop

The parts place sends it to the warehouse with like my ID on it - then they route it to me.

Most i've paid is $45 in shipping, which was quite a large box with those rear panel weather strips in it + valve cover gasket + sump gasket + mounts etc (i think it was the volumetric size that triggered it)

usually it's under $20

I'd be very curious to see what youshops shipping cost's would be on larger items too.

And Dude - FCP euro youtube channel ! YES ! Definitely thinking doing the CCV system + Disa valve repair

Car has 210,000k on the clock so making me nervous

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 325_driver said:

I've been using NZ Post's new service called youshop

The parts place sends it to the warehouse with like my ID on it - then they route it to me.

Most i've paid is $45 in shipping, which was quite a large box with those rear panel weather strips in it + valve cover gasket + sump gasket + mounts etc (i think it was the volumetric size that triggered it)

usually it's under $20

I'd be very curious to see what youshops shipping cost's would be on larger items too.

I haven't asked them what happens when I buy something and ship it to my parents, but then want to claim the warranty on that item from NZ. Will they post it back to me in NZ, or just back to me at my parents? Mind, not much difference either way I suppose. I have a store and forward service I use sometimes too, but their shipping costs aren't much cheaper than FCP Euro's. Should try out youshop sometime...

1 hour ago, 325_driver said:

And Dude - FCP euro youtube channel ! YES ! Definitely thinking doing the CCV system + Disa valve repair

Car has 210,000k on the clock so making me nervous

I found these videos incredibly useful when I did mine... Wasn't exact for me, as I have an e39 instead, but should be spot on for you. :)

EDIT: Note I did not take off my intake manifold. Not confident in my abilities to do that. If you go that route, the kit from FCP euro contains the injector gaskets, but not the manifold gaskets, so get those too (and get the coolant hoses that go underneath there if you remove the manifold.

Edited by Gabe79

4 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

I haven't asked them what happens when I buy something and ship it to my parents, but then want to claim the warranty on that item from NZ. Will they post it back to me in NZ, or just back to me at my parents? Mind, not much difference either way I suppose. I have a store and forward service I use sometimes too, but their shipping costs aren't much cheaper than FCP Euro's. Should try out youshop sometime...

yeah - im still getting the rules figured out for youshop - it works well with just over small parcells - since they charge 9.5 + -$3.5 per 500g intervals

so usually small parcells i get for like 10-15$ (which seems to work well)

but once things get into volumetric calcs it scales up a bit

although recently they did a repack fee that saved me like $40 (like when part companies send big boxes with lots of unused space) they charge 4$ to repack it to reduce shipping.

I guess i try and figure out the volumetric size of the parcel before using youshop, usually it's cheaper anyway.

but curious how FCP would handle returns in that instance - whether they cover return postage?

6 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

I found these videos incredibly useful when I did mine... Wasn't exact for me, as I have an e39 instead, but should be spot on for you. :)

that's exacty what i was watching last night

binge watching

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 325_driver said:

yeah - im still getting the rules figured out for youshop - it works well with just over small parcells - since they charge 9.5 + -$3.5 per 500g intervals

so usually small parcells i get for like 10-15$ (which seems to work well)

but once things get into volumetric calcs it scales up a bit

although recently they did a repack fee that saved me like $40 (like when part companies send big boxes with lots of unused space) they charge 4$ to repack it to reduce shipping.

I guess i try and figure out the volumetric size of the parcel before using youshop, usually it's cheaper anyway.

but curious how FCP would handle returns in that instance - whether they cover return postage?

With FCP Returns, you post to them at your cost, they post to you at their cost.

Bump.

Make me offers. Wife is not impressed with the garage space these are taking up.

Bump.

Make me offers. Wife is not impressed with the garage space these are taking up.

On 12/29/2017 at 3:19 PM, Gabe79 said:

Bump.

lol how tiny is your garage??

56 minutes ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

lol how tiny is your garage??

It would fit one car, if it didn't have a bunch of stuff in it at the moment. :)