Sign in to follow this  
Secniv

E24 What do you think

way too much , also better off with the later e28 type chasis models 1983 onwards

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BM WORLD said:

way too much , also better off with the later e28 type chasis models 1983 onwards

Right they shaved quite a bit of weight off with that facelift plus they went to the M88 engine?

How often do you see or get a "dog leg box" in? 

Personnel first thought on opening trademe link holy ,.//!@# dreamer must say I know nothing about e24's. Even reading the write up it became more alarming when the rust word was mentioned what other nasty surprises could their be. It depends on what rocks your boat some will see it as a challenge others a disaster waiting to happen.A whole look of research,inspecting and hard bargaining if it got to that stage would be required.Out of interest a bit of info vin WBA 5332000 5550365, 635csi, NZ new first rego 3 Feb 1987, production date 1 December 1979, not sure what happened to the missing years. Sure their are better options out their as Brent mentioned best of luck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allan said:

Personnel first thought on opening trademe link holy ,.//!@# dreamer must say I know nothing about e24's. Even reading the write up it became more alarming when the rust word was mentioned what other nasty surprises could their be. It depends on what rocks your boat some will see it as a challenge others a disaster waiting to happen.A whole look of research,inspecting and hard bargaining if it got to that stage would be required.Out of interest a bit of info vin WBA 5332000 5550365, 635csi, NZ new first rego 3 Feb 1987, production date 1 December 1979, not sure what happened to the missing years. Sure their are better options out their as Brent mentioned best of luck.

Thanks Allan maybe something like this https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1413418776 ? Not too far from you! Given it's milage more a driver than collectable? I was looking for a manual but I guess with the right manual box, shaft and LSD it would make a good project.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Secniv said:

Thanks Allan maybe something like this https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1413418776 ? Not too far from you! Given it's milage more a driver than collectable? I was looking for a manual but I guess with the right manual box, shaft and LSD it would make a good project.. 

yea much better , then just convert to manual if you really want to bother ,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

yea much better , then just convert to manual if you really want to bother ,

Fabric interior is a bit naff but looks to be in much better condition :)

• Like 1