Sign in to follow this  
Omni Carlo

ETC message in Idrive

hello to all,

I m have recently brought a 320i 2010 with CIC and there is annoying message from ETC card option everytime you turn the card on it says ETC not inserted so I m checking if someone would know how to turn it off. 

Regards,

omi

Way off is it a Japanese import guessing electronic toll collection or similar would require a scan and turned off or pull the fuse.

thanks for your reply Allan,

Just to check if you would by any chance know that where would that fuse be.... My one is in the back of the mirror and its quite alloying to be true.

it appears that it is a device for collecting tolls on Japans roads so guess was correct. A quick google and take your pick https://www.google.co.nz/search?source=hp&q=what+is+etc+in+japanese+cars&oq=what+is+etc&gs_l=psy-ab.1.3.0l4.1707.4419.0.10503.12.11.0.0.0.0.231.2128.2-10.10.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.10.2122.0..0i131k1.dREjWcS31DQ

Their might be a solution to your problem in their

If the message is audio, as in the car speaks the warning to you then it's the same as my X5 was. I had the dealer remove the system (or at least disconnect the speaker) as part of the purchase. 

I realise that's not a solution as such but it means that you can at least have a competent auto electrical person remove it for you. 

3 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

If the message is audio, as in the car speaks the warning to you then it's the same as my X5 was. I had the dealer remove the system (or at least disconnect the speaker) as part of the purchase. 

I realise that's not a solution as such but it means that you can at least have a competent auto electrical person remove it for you. 

I had a word with the dealer fir BMW here and they said that the only option is to take that mirror off and put a new one in and that would be very expensive so i thing I will leave it like this as there is no sound but thanks anyway

Just to inform all the Bimmer lovers that I have Sloved the ECT Card error message in Idrive.

Just open the ETC Option in the Idrive

Then press options button on the controller of the Idrive.

it will show you option about the warning message untick it and its all good to go :)

Hope this helps someone in future.

Regards,

Omi

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 7:30 PM, Omi Carlo said:

I had a word with the dealer fir BMW here and they said that the only option is to take that mirror off and put a new one in and that would be very expensive so i thing I will leave it like this as there is no sound but thanks anyway

Well that shows how much that dealer ship know. Did they charge you anything for that in put?

No Allan,

I did that my self as I was going through all possible options in the morning today. They quoted $1600.00 for a new mirror :wacko:

Good on you for finding a solution to the problem. Only my opinion shame on the firm concerned surely they know their own product range isn't that what a dealer ship is all about and then to say it will cost $1600 for a new mirror. Urrr

17 hours ago, allan said:

Good on you for finding a solution to the problem. Only my opinion shame on the firm concerned surely they know their own product range isn't that what a dealer ship is all about and then to say it will cost $1600 for a new mirror. Urrr

that's correct Allan, They should have know better but I hope that this thing will help someone else and will save sometime to go and look for a solution through the dealer.

3 minutes ago, Omi Carlo said:

that's correct Allan, They should have know better but I hope that this thing will help someone else and will save sometime to go and look for a solution through the dealer.

Well you are in the right place to share that info. Hope it helps you as much as it has me their is a lot of knowledge to be had on this forum and the members are willing to share which is a real plus.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:03 PM, Omni Carlo said:

Just to inform all the Bimmer lovers that I have Sloved the ECT Card error message in Idrive.

Just open the ETC Option in the Idrive

Then press options button on the controller of the Idrive.

it will show you option about the warning message untick it and its all good to go :)

Hope this helps someone in future.

Regards,

Omi

Hi Omi,
How did you find an ETC menu in idrive? I have an NBT system so it may be quite different but i am looking to do the exact same thing. I realise this is a few years old but if you still have any pictures of the menu that would be very helpful. Cheers