Sign in to follow this  
Funkyflynz

Work horse - back on the wagon. Thanks HellBM

Have been looking to get a wagon for about 6 months as my daily hatch (Mondeo) just doesn't have the goods, i really wanted an e46 motorsport manual wagon with something larger than 2 litres, but i couldn't find one that suited (the search is still on) however came across this 2007 E91 Motorsport 330i Auto, NZ new model, with a whopping 195,000km on the clock, however the condition was reasonable so worth a nudge i thought.  Sitting in the U-Sell lot it ran rough, and didn't want to idle, plugged in my Carly ODB2 reader and found misfire code for cal 6, rang around to get a price for coil packs and plugs, and with that mind called the owner to negotiate a price.  It was a gamble but the owner dropped the price by a decent amount (way more than enough to cover 6 coils and plugs) so did the deal.  On paying for the car i rang the boys at HellBM, who very kindly agreed to replace the coil on cal 6 for me at short notice.  20mins and $160 later and she purring again!  Winner winner chicken dinner.  Big thanks to the boys at HellBM for fitting us in, great service!

IMG_5065.JPG

IMG_5067.JPG

• Like 5

Very nice find indeed the 3L E91 msport wagon is a rare gem!

Even comes with the u sell plate frames -score!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, qube said:

Very nice find indeed the 3L E91 msport wagon is a rare gem!

Even comes with the u sell plate frames -score!!

Lol, totally.

Just changed the oil, the filter was $72 from Repco!  Dang! 

2 minutes ago, Funkyflynz said:

You can probably get an oem filter shipped here for less and with a lifetime replacement...

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-engine-oil-filter-325i-328i-525i-528i-530i-535i-x5-330xi-x3-041-8195

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

You can probably get an oem filter shipped here for less and with a lifetime replacement...

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-engine-oil-filter-325i-328i-525i-528i-530i-535i-x5-330xi-x3-041-8195

Wow, even landed that is cheap.  Better get a couple!  Awesome thanks, never used FCP before.

• Like 1

Just now, Funkyflynz said:

Wow, even landed that is cheap.  Better get a couple!  Awesome thanks, never used FCP before.

I'm the self appointed leader of the fcp euro fan club.  Can't recommend them highly enough. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Funkyflynz said:

Bet if you price at the steelers here you will find them about 1/2 that price for the genuine one. Adding to - the Repco ones are Ryco & the fit is crap too! Have used them on customers cars.

Interesting, no dealers here in New Plymouth though, i was a little bit stuck as i had brought a filter the day before for $30, however the lady behind the counter gave me the wrong one! i only discovered this when i dropped the oil and pulled the filter out, when i returned it i found out it the right one was over $70 - doh!  Lesson learnt.

Flushed the power steering fluid tonight and also pulled the Vanos solenoids and cleaned them, looked ok but never hurts to give em a clean.

IMG_5170.JPG

Cleaned the mass airflow meter today, wow, what a difference it made to the idle when cold, its was a little rough but after this clean its a lot smoother.  super easy 10mins job.

IMG_5202.JPG

10 minutes ago, 325_driver said:

what wheels are they?

car looks mint! love the wagons!

I believe they are the standard Motorsport spec wheels for the E9x, I've seen them on a couple of coupes too.  These ones are a bit ruff, lots of curbing and some paint flaking off, good from far, but far from good ;-)

Replaced the plugs and coils tonight, apparently if one goes then the others aren't far behind, plugs looked in good condition so happy to see that.  Test drive felt like a little more power and less hesitation, a couple of hills where it would normally start to lumber and change down it keep the same gear which was interesting.  Easy job, 45mins.

IMG_5402.JPG

• Like 2