Sign in to follow this  
Tidy30

Genuine E30 MTech 1 Kit: Front, Rear, Coupe Skirts - (Trademe link added)

It's your lucky day my friends, I have to sell my E30 MTech 1 kit :(

It took me a loooong hunt to get my hands on a complete genuine set. It was the final step to the E30 convertible dream: lowered, genuine BBS RS and OEM MTech 1 kit, but alas my super-steep driveway is too steep for both the MTech 1 and a cabrio at the limit!

Parts are what you see in the photo. I've already installed the MTech 1 boot lip, so included here is just the MSport boot lip.

If you are genuinely interested, I highly recommend you come and take a squiz at the kit for yourself. These parts are 25+ years old and have some wear and tear to show for it. Regrettably, some metal clips have rusted away and some original fasteners are missing from the previous owner. You will need to use some generic fasteners if you want to fasten it in all the original locations. 

Not a fibreglass set! Would like to sell as a whole, and would like to not ship since the metal PFL bumpers etc are heavy.

Let me know if you're interested and we can work something out. Get your precious E30 looking good for the summer! If no one's keen over the next few days I'll put it up on Trademe instead :)

Cheers team!

20170919_164841.jpg

Edited by Tidy30

Did you ever get the skirts fitted on your 'vert ? My understanding was the sides are different between the vert and coupe. If these fit on your vert I would be very interested?

They are different, sill is deeper. Hard to tell from the photo, but mine look deeper and seem to wrap further under.

16 hours ago, Tidy30 said:
It's your lucky day my friends, I have to sell my E30 MTech 1 kit :(

PM'd.

Mr Palazzo is right Jon, the cabrio skirts are definitely different than the coupe and sedan ones. I have read on the internets that the cabrio sills are deeper, but I have found when I initially offered up these coupe skirts the skirts were also a little shorter!

But I believe that may be due to the fact that they are tapered/angled on the front and rear ends. So when they are aligned with the bottom of the car, since they sitting lower than they are designed, they seem shorter compared to the wheel arches on either end.

The only cabrio skirts I have been able to see in real life have been some Zender ones.  They styling is a little different from the MTech 1 (no 3 stripe trim pattern), but the colour matched body makes the front and rear bumpers look a little more cohesive instead of big black sills on either side.

Fark!! That looks so good with that M Tech kit on it.

@Tidy30 is your kit still for sale? I would like to come have a look and see what condition it is in, Palazzo's picture makes me really want one now.

I should point out it's also quite low, but probably no lower than yours looks in your pic.

Cheers, I'm not sure how practical mine would be with the kit on it, driveway has bit of an angle getting onto the road, so it might have to come up a little so I don't rip the skirts off it!

On 9/21/2017 at 1:34 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Fark!! That looks so good with that M Tech kit on it.

@Tidy30 is your kit still for sale? I would like to come have a look and see what condition it is in, Palazzo's picture makes me really want one now.

I can't comment if the skirts sit lower than the black painted sills we have. But I gotta remind you that the skirts I have are coupe skirts, they are too short for our cabrios!

......If I had the cabrio skirts I would just move house.

For those who are interested, I've managed to make a Trademe auction for these guys:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/exterior/auction-1427829854.htm

Many thanks for your interest team! Hopefully they go to a good home :)