Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Radiator Expansion Tank

I have a second had one which I replaced as a matter of course when I was putting a new engine in.  It looks in perfect nick but You'd be advised to get a brand new one wouldn't you?

These expansion tanks are used in a number of bmws E83, E53, E46 except the m3  i think also get a new cap 17117639022

28 minutes ago, 325_driver said:

That's the one - FCP are quite pricey

Subjective, but I can accept it might be pricey as compared to some other options. I do like the idea of only buying something once though...

10 hours ago, Gabe79 said:

Subjective, but I can accept it might be pricey as compared to some other options. I do like the idea of only buying something once though...

As in I usually buy OEM off RM european in the states some where, for less. Are they based in the states too?

2 hours ago, 325_driver said:

As in I usually buy OEM off RM european in the states some where, for less. Are they based in the states too?

It is US based. I find their shipping quite reasonable (and usually cheaper than other places) and while they cost a bit more, their warranty is awesome, as is their service department. Even their youtube channel is extremely informative and I've learned a lot watching it. :)

1 hour ago, Gabe79 said:

It is US based. I find their shipping quite reasonable (and usually cheaper than other places) and while they cost a bit more, their warranty is awesome, as is their service department. Even their youtube channel is extremely informative and I've learned a lot watching it. :)

oh man love it when theres some youtube documentation, 

Some really good growth on Youtube lately for DIY which helps 1,000X when i'm doing a project and need some one to point to me the bolts rather than me spending hours finding them.

On 9/25/2017 at 0:08 PM, allan said:

These expansion tanks are used in a number of bmws E83, E53, E46 except the m3  i think also get a new cap 17117639022

For the E46, I have some amazing channels I watch every night while rocking our baby to sleep. I need to make some time in my life to document the stuff I know/do/watch that'd be useful to people. :)

For the E46, the best channel I've found is The 50s Kid I also really like ShopLifeTV. I watch them for the M54/5h19 videos and it works well for me.

FCP Euro Channel and one of their now product people has his own channel The Car Life both of which I also find useful, though not as specific as the two above.

Edited by Gabe79

Just now, 325_driver said:

I watch 50s kid all the time, he knows exactly how to show for how-to's

Seriously under-rated channel. He should have more viewers. But unlike, say, ChrisFix, he's very focused on his E46. Such good videos and I extra appreciate that it's nice and authentic. I just watched his rear main seal video and when the torque converter just spews ATF all over the place at the end... precious. "sh*t"

haha yeah - plenty of channels i with e46 work i see the same thing, fluid spilling over camera's

happens all the time - it must be an e46 omen