Sign in to follow this  
SantoCh

Surprise Discovery - New Owner

Hey guys,

I got a 2011 135i DCT couple of weeks ago. I was thinking of getting the ECU flashed but a close inspection gave me a few surprises, the car is fitted with the below and I have very little knowledge of what it has done to my car from its original state because obviously I haven't driven it in its factory setting. 

These are the additional stuffs that I found which the dealer wasn't aware of,

1. Kelleners Sport Power Module
2. OKADA Plasma Direct Ignition Coils
3. A stepped sort of inter-cooler, definitely not looking like the standard one.

and a few cosmetic upgrades.

What I need to know is that what effect my car has from these, I see a lot of posts suggesting my car would be at 380+ HP and things like that. 

And I also need to know would an MHD flash benefit me anymore?

Cheers,

S

Okada Plasma Direct Ignition Coils.JPG

Kelleners Sport.JPG

IMG_20170905_152537_363_work.jpg

• Like 1

The Kelleners Sport Power Module sounds like a piggyback tune. I'd toss it and get MHD, it would be far more developed than some little known piggyback module.

Not sure about injectors but an upgraded intercooler is definitely a nice surprise. 

Maybe you have a downpipe too? Hard to get a good look at them, maybe sticking a camera phone under the front right wheel well will allow you to see it. If so, you're set for a stage 2 MHD tune.

Since you're not 100% sure on the state of the car, I'd suggest logging first with MHD to make sure all is ok. 

380hp is pretty optimistic, that's about the top end of what people get on an N55 with downpipe + intercooler upgrades and an appropriate tune, on the stock turbo. 

• Like 1

Taking it for a Dyno this Saturday just to see where is it at the moment. Will look for the downpipe, will update if I could figure it out!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Welcome Santhosh - great set of wheels with some nice surprises!

Cheers!

This is the one, it looks different from the link you sent me although the logo is pretty identical. 

20170926_183157.jpg

On 9/25/2017 at 6:49 PM, SantoCh said:

Taking it for a Dyno this Saturday just to see where is it at the moment. Will look for the downpipe, will update if I could figure it out!

Guys at the dyno shop will probably be able to tell.

I'd be able to tell by the sound. Got one for my car recently, it pretty much doubles the volume :D So if your car is very loud, it might have one.

Enjoy. These cars take well to mods, it can get addictive though. Planned to keep mine stock when I bought it... now it's got all the common bolt-ons and even an upgraded turbo, I got carried away haha. 

• Like 1