Sign in to follow this  
E36_Turbo

E34 M5 NZ NEW

As a specific car, this looks quite tidy. As a car in general.. good god, the 90s weren’t kind, or stylish, eh. 

Some rag on cream\tan interiors but to me grey interiors are my least favourite. E34's like this where the grey and black console are mixed never look that great inside compared to a nice black or dove white interior.

The 2 tone body kits detract from the overall look of the car but you'd be in the minority of people who didn't appreciate the E34 lines. I used to get many comments on my old Mtech 535i, they also look way tougher and sure stand out from the crowd far more than dime a dozen E39's etc 

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

A friggen NZ New E34 M5? 3.8l and 6spd manual?

Yes. Yes. Helllllllll Yes!!!!!!

I wonder if they will trade an X5? :D

Edited by treone
  • Like 1

On 29/09/2017 at 6:02 PM, aja540i said:

3335 hp. Nice.

Needs a chip and a dustbin-sized exhaust.

Given it's in CHCH, i'm tempted to go do a tyre kicking and report back here.

• Like 2

NZ new and low k's. Looks tidy. Why is it at turners then...

• Like 1

Pretty sure this is a five speed.... one of our contributors here mentioned that they knew NZ received a few more 3.8's than the only example that had previously been for sale on trademe in Wanganui - and previously discussed here many years ago ( and subsequently sold to one of our bimmersporters) - an example in avus blue with around 200,000ks  on the clock.... great to see another example available for sale! Low mileage too!!! 

Vin report says this is an Individual!

https://www.etkbmw.com/bmw/EN/vin/decoder/GE00089/EN

========================================
Individual equipment
0940 Special request
= - 3. Bremsleuchte, gem. B 8161.E
- Heckscheibe mit an 3. Bremsleuchte
angepaßtem Sieb-
druckrand
- Hutablage angepaßt an 3. Bremsleuchte
(wie bei LA 806 /E34)

Looks exciting till you translate

Individual equipment
0940 Special request
= - 3. Brake light, acc. B 8161.E
- Rear window with 3rd brake light
matched screen-
pressure rand
- Hat rack adapted to 3rd brake light
(as with LA 806 / E34)

i thought the early ones were 3.6 and 5 speed,the wide grill ones 3.8 6 spd

56 minutes ago, kiwi535 said:

i thought the early ones were 3.6 and 5 speed,the wide grill ones 3.8 6 spd

In 1992 they increased to the 3.8 and from what I have read, only the V8 ones had the wide grill before 1995 when they introduced it to all the models. And the 6 spd was from 1994 for the M5

On 9/29/2017 at 5:24 PM, Gabe79 said:

As a specific car, this looks quite tidy. As a car in general.. good god, the 90s weren’t kind, or stylish, eh. 

Huh? 

• Like 1

Just now, Michael. said:

Huh? 

It's butt ugly. That interior is dated, etc...

Well that's subjective. Many would agree the E34 M5 is one of the most iconic BMWs of all time, inside and out. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Well that's subjective. Many would agree the E34 M5 is one of the most iconic BMWs of all time, inside and out. 

I don't mind the outside styling. The interior is what I really dislike. Maybe if it was black it wouldn't be so bad, but this example has a very ugly interior to me. (and certainly, it is subjective, my taste may well differ from yours, etc...)

2 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

I don't mind the outside styling. The interior is what I really dislike. Maybe if it was black it wouldn't be so bad, but this example has a very ugly interior to me. (and certainly, it is subjective, my taste may well differ from yours, etc...)

Fair enough. I think the E34 interior is one of the best BMWs they had, bold, and well built, just a great place to be. Ergonomics are spot on too. 

I like grey interiors over black, black is pretty over rated, easily showing up all the dust and just about every car has a black interior which is boring, they tend to get hotter too, when in the sun. 

Worth considering the E24, E30, E31, E32 all have similar interior styles during that 80s-90s period so you must find those ugly too?

• Like 1

Just now, Michael. said:

Fair enough. I think the E34 interior is one of the best BMWs they had, bold, and well built, just a great place to be. Ergonomics are spot on too. 

I like grey interiors over black, black is pretty over rated, easily showing up all the dust and just about every car has a black interior which is boring, they tend to get hotter too, when in the sun. 

Worth considering the E24, E30, E31, E32 all have similar interior styles during that 80s-90s period so you must find those ugly too?

Case by case basis. I reserve the right to dislike whatever I dislike, and to change my mind about whatever I like or dislike at any point. :)

• Like 1

@Michael. the key there is that's leather, not cloth. The cloth in this M5 looks "ok", I would much prefer a leather or darker/less busy cloth.

And a pity about the steering wheel as well :( it's just so boring even in a cooking spec 520i

It's not about cloth or leather, both are nice, it's suede anyway. 

More complementing the design of the sport seats / interior door trims, dash, center console etc.

I don't mind the steering wheel, it does the job and they have the sport grips. 

An E39 or E34 M5 shares the same body panels as a cooking spec 520i, so I think it's the wrong car to complain about if you don't like the fact they share parts across the range... that's the way of cars unless you buy one off Supercar models, but even a lot of those have low end model parts in them, like infotainment systems, keys, switches, lights, etc. 

• Like 1

Hey guys - do we need reminding? Its a fricken E34 M5!! Genuine one too! ;)

• Like 3