Sign in to follow this  
E36_Turbo

E34 M5 NZ NEW

2 minutes ago, treone said:

Hey guys - do we need reminding? Its a fricken E34 M5!! Genuine one too! ;)

It’s ugly. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

It’s ugly. ?

But its still a M5 :rolleyes:.

Joe public will go 'ewww what an ugly 518i' while I'm goin' 'What an awesome M5! and Joe Public thinks it's an ugly 518i'. Anyone who has owned an 'M' car understands this haha  (and please no-one take this seriously :D).

IMO - the E34 was the most functional and practical interior of any car that I've owned so I owned two of'em - oh wait - exception being the location of the window switches on the lower middle console - what's up with that BMW and Holden? Although BMW fixed that from the E39 onwards...

At least we can all agree its got nothing on the Leaf, inside and out  :D 

3 hours ago, Michael. said:

It's not about cloth or leather, both are nice, it's suede anyway. 

The exec leather with wood trims etc on later models do look much better. Here my old one which i replaced the lower dash panels with black items - looked much better than the random grey\black mixture i thought

2.JPG

1.JPG

• Like 4

The E34 is and will always been the last old era BMW before they switched to the newer generation style, that were noticeably different in quality, different plastics, less glass and such things.

The other main difference was a lot more network based electronics too. 

The E34 to E39 difference is pretty significant, as is the E30 to E36, E32 to E34 etc

They all have their pros and cons I think.

Style wise the E34 remains the definative BMW for me, like an E30.

If I bought another BMW it would probably be an E34, I loved my old one! 

DSC05551.JPG.eaad2939046b6853c6eae722768e653b.JPGDSC05559.JPG.ce7673a0f6058b08680763de458e339e.JPGDSC05556.JPG.c10bcf9eb1fc59891a107ad7b51e279d.JPG

DSC05560.JPG

• Like 6

I have often lusted after a 535 and one day the garage will have one, you have to put contact to its age and style. Functional and aimed at delivering the best driving experience for the class in its time, true classic. Always.

• Like 2

i still absolutely love this view

3678279358_f98ef06a18_z.jpg?zz=1

ugly ...UGLLY????!!!

5501097977_90b1cfe622_z.jpg Flickr

i get where you are coming from.I love the E24 but i hate the interiors now THAT is old fashioned

Edited by kiwi535
  • Like 5

I think the turners pics don't do it justice.... With better photography and some elbow grease it would look amazing. Because of what it is though, you could take pics with a toaster and it will still get the attention it commands from buyers.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

I think the turners pics don't do it justice.... With better photography and some elbow grease it would look amazing. Because of what it is though, you could take pics with a toaster and it will still get the attention it commands from buyers.

I had a look at this M5 the other day and can confirm that the Turners photos definitely do not do this car justice. It is probably one of the best examples that you could find in NZ.

Great overall condition, not super-mint, but obviously very well cared for and totally original as far as I can see. The idea of a grey interior with Violet exterior sounds not so great on paper, but in the flesh I think that it actually works.

It has seude side bolsters (a little rubbed up on the drivers seat, but nowhere near wearing through) and "M-rain" grey fabric inserts. Gear knob would need replacing to tidy it up, and the steering wheel is a little shiny, but otherwise looking very clean and way better than any e34 interior that I have seen recently.

If I owned it, the first thing I would do would be to change the chrome detailing around the side windows to Shadowline black. And probably delete the lower silver grey trim to body colour. And put some proper tyres on it (has some Bridgestone "Sporty Style" Japanese import numbers on it)

I have attached a few slightly better photos.

20171001_143044.thumb.jpg.bbf476e6d17e683fdec75ff65a573f46.jpg20171001_143426.thumb.jpg.405f541a88289a0b6d890764065e3b45.jpg20171001_143008.thumb.jpg.f09ecd8b4aef86cad8401e6e62f923e8.jpg20171001_142959.thumb.jpg.8f05f8753206a5533bed754de3ad2e23.jpg20171001_142951.thumb.jpg.0928cd9fe99458b5c832b7c6a6db3a23.jpg20171001_142936.thumb.jpg.0bc6146d3083574ea4e296b2f82d2269.jpg20171001_143421.thumb.jpg.6a2137227a5aee0ecb5ef9ab398de15d.jpg

• Like 7

I have to be hat guy, but I really need that Morrie next to it, looks superb. Last MM Woody on TM went miles out of my budget :(

Blimmin nice m5 though 

I think that is a beautiful example and love the colour combo with throwing stars.... see the price is sitting @ $24K reserve not met...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

I think that is a beautiful example and love the colour combo with throwing stars.... see the price is sitting @ $24K reserve not met...

At $24,150 it's sitting within 15% of the reserve price - I'm guessing it has a $25k reserve. Hopefully someone here will snap it up for that...

Mattb357 in CHCH. You on here? Nice buy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD13 said:

Mattb357 in CHCH. You on here? Nice buy.

it didn't hit reserve? 

This came up in a facebook adverstisment for the grooming company and man it looks good in their photos.  Might have to send my E34 their way for a birthday.  Pretty good before and afters also.

https://www.facebook.com/CCVGrooming/?hc_ref=ARRBC-BKQgbrWjNNMiAJ647dkIm7Feb_QCMcJ5Jr3liDrp444BhKpzmYMtUDROKWwBg

22256537_1088718204597280_5951019464535264269_o.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SRacin said:

This came up in a facebook adverstisment for the grooming company and man it looks good in their photos.  Might have to send my E34 their way for a birthday.  Pretty good before and afters also.

https://www.facebook.com/CCVGrooming/?hc_ref=ARRBC-BKQgbrWjNNMiAJ647dkIm7Feb_QCMcJ5Jr3liDrp444BhKpzmYMtUDROKWwBg

22256537_1088718204597280_5951019464535264269_o.jpg

These photos make me want to withdraw my earlier judgement. This isn't so bad at all in these.

FYI there's a guy tucked in a garage behind CCV , down the driveway running alongside CCV building, that does grooming.

A few months ago I went to CCV to get a quote, and saw his sign when I was turning around in the driveway. I thought why not try him, I like to support small business.

It cost me only $80 for a hand wax/polish to outside of my black car, was so impressed - I didn't ask for price for interior too. Not a swirl mark on it - looked like new. Treated all the rubber etc. too. 
This wasn't some carwash cafe bullshit, this was like 2+ hours of careful hand polishing. Wont get prices like that anywhere else. 
He gave me a bunch of business cards and I since lost them, it seems he has no website or anything, but I highly recommend heading down that driveway if your in need of a groom. You'll see the sign. 

(don't bother complementing me on my photoshop skills, being a graphic designer by trade I'm used to it)

map.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blake12 said:

FYI there's a guy tucked in a garage behind CCV , down the driveway running alongside CCV building, that does grooming.

A few months ago I went to CCV to get a quote, and saw his sign when I was turning around in the driveway. I thought why not try him, I like to support small business.

It cost me only $80 for a hand wax/polish to outside of my black car, was so impressed - I didn't ask for price for interior too. Not a swirl mark on it - looked like new. Treated all the rubber etc. too. 
This wasn't some carwash cafe bullshit, this was like 2+ hours of careful hand polishing. Wont get prices like that anywhere else. 
He gave me a bunch of business cards and I since lost them, it seems he has no website or anything, but I highly recommend heading down that driveway if your in need of a groom. You'll see the sign. 

(don't bother complementing me on my photoshop skills, being a graphic designer by trade I'm used to it)

map.png

Best photoshop skills I’ve seen in awhile. 

1 hour ago, blake12 said:

Nothing wrong with your photoshop(ing). You should see mine...when I try to draw a straight line, it looks like an ant that walked across the screen! :P

Pity this guy is in Chch. My recently acquired E30 sedan needs a proper grooming. Oh wait...my son is a groomer at BMW, maybe he'll groom my E30! :D:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SRacin said:

It does look *fantastic* :D

I love the ///M fabric interiors in M cars, so much better than leather. That purple and the interior, plus being an M5. So much win.

• Like 3