Sign in to follow this  
Joshe30

New member with my turbo E30

thought it was about time to join this page and share some photos and yarns of my turbo e30 build that has been on going for nearly 3 years... 

not to sure what else i'm meant to say :)

22156650_1032649360205499_93657964_n.jpg

22185051_1032649623538806_166013307_n.jpg

22192827_1032649406872161_1510617168_n.jpg

Edited by Joshe30
  • Like 6

Hi Josh!

Car looks nice. Any details on the build?

1 hour ago, gjm said:

Hi Josh!

Car looks nice. Any details on the build?

bought the car with the tech two kit already fitted and a m20b20 after owning it for around a year i wanted to make it more mine so i found a m20b25 for sale out of an old wreck, stripped it to the block and started again, standard rebuild bottom end with crank scrapers and sump baffle,

the head got a lot of work done, port and polished intake and exhaust ports, re ground cam and rockers, bigger valve springs new valve stem steals and seats, 2mm cometic head gasket and apr head studs, custom intake manifold made as well as a custom fuel rail to hold the 660cc injectors. and to top it off a sinco turbo manifold with a garrett ta3410 and a 45mm hyper gate

its had its first tune tune running 6-7 psi (waste gate pressure) and made 290rwhp so once it has a cert i will re tune on more boost around the 12-14psi mark  

ecu is a link g4 storm witch was installed and tuned by speed factor 

Edited by Joshe30
  • Like 3

Welcome Josh, I am in awe of this car. I want a turbo e30 so badly. Sounds and looks like you've done an amazing job on it!

Super cool man!  be keen to hear more details on the turbo setup, any issues you have had, good people to know when it comes to a project like this etc..

8 minutes ago, Funkyflynz said:

Super cool man!  be keen to hear more details on the turbo setup, any issues you have had, good people to know when it comes to a project like this etc..

the only problems I've had was my fuel reg fell to bits and sent fuel up the vacuum line and filed engine intake and inter cooler with fuel, haha so fitted a turbo smart pressure reg and now thats all sorted, and then about two weeks ago i went to take it out after sitting for about a month and it kept fuel cutting at 4000rpm on boost, replaced a lot of parts but turns out it was a rusty fuel tank haha, so fitted a new one last weekend and now its all going mint

the biggest issue with the build was trying to keep the ac and fit an inter cooler oil cooler and line around it haha

but really its been a good project and its nice to see it coming to the end, 

feel free to ask any questions on it cheers noah

1 hour ago, Joshe30 said:

bought the car with the tech two kit already fitted and a m20b20 after owning it for around a year i wanted to make it more mine so i found a m20b25 for sale out of an old wreck, stripped it to the block and started again, standard rebuild bottom end with crank scrapers and sump baffle,

the head got a lot of work done, port and polished intake and exhaust ports, re ground cam and rockers, bigger valve springs new valve stem steals and seats, 2mm cometic head gasket and apr head studs, custom intake manifold made as well as a custom fuel rail to hold the 660cc injectors. and to top it off a sinco turbo manifold with a garrett ta3410 and a 45mm hyper gate

its had its first tune tune running 6-7 psi (waste gate pressure) and made 290rwhp so once it has a cert i will re tune on more boost around the 12-14psi mark  

ecu is a link g4 storm witch was installed and tuned by speed factor 

14psi could be good for up to 450hp, depending on other factors (such as cams). I'm sure it's a lot of fun now, but more fun isn't a bad thing. ;)

cheers blair, its starting to take shape, i really want to paint it again tho as its lost the clear coat on the right hand rear quarter, and it buggers me haha, one day it will be fully finished haha