Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Project insurance

My e36 wagon is slowly going back together but I received a letter from my insurance company letting me know that my insurance is going up $6 a month. Not a lot but thats a 30% increase!

Who are you with and what is it costing you? 

It has been creeping up the last couple of years but nothing like this

just the beginning mate, i've been looking into the consumer price index and a few of the cost of living ratios - it's all getting out of control, food included, i've been noting a 20-30% steady climb on general commodities, and we're not even in Auckland.

2 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

either greed or a prelude to disaster. usually both.

yeah man! gunna be epic this time around!

I insure my project E46 coupe through AA classic cover. $84 per year as long as it's in a garage or similar.

All you have to say is that it is in storage, that it is being restored and that once back on the road you'll be driving less that 5,000km per year.

• Like 1

that sounds like all Bimmersport members

should be a group rate for us all ;) 

I'm with Classic Cover insurance for the 135i. Agreed value for $30k from memory.  Premium is $600 a year with mileage limited to 15 000km a year (not a daily)

55 minutes ago, modz said:

I insure my project E46 coupe through AA classic cover. $84 per year as long as it's in a garage or similar.

All you have to say is that it is in storage, that it is being restored and that once back on the road you'll be driving less that 5,000km per year.

I dont do 5000kms a year.. so should i say my car is a project and reduce my insurance from $XXX to $XX??

2 minutes ago, qube said:

I dont do 5000kms a year.. so should i say my car is a project and reduce my insurance from $XXX to $XX??

Worth a shot. Probably more likely under Classic Cover, which has similar stipulations tho.