Upholstery
Leather Soft/beige - P8SN

all std except for a cd player

std 16" alloys etc

5spd ZF auto

towbar

whats one of these things worth ?

Edited by BM WORLD

I would think a nice msport e36 328i wagon would be worth about $9000 so working backwards, 

minus $500 bodykit, $500 paint, $1000 wheels, $500 black msport interior 

= $6000-6500?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qube said:

I would think a nice msport e36 328i wagon would be worth about $9000 so working backwards, 

minus $500 bodykit, $500 paint, $1000 wheels, $500 black msport interior 

= $6000-6500?

NINE.  Thousand.  Dollars.  For an e36 Wagon?  "Hey, big spender".

Not if it's my hard-earned!

Looking forward to seeing the pics.  They're a nice wagon for sure, and there's not so many of them rocking around niu zild... but would you price one at more than a nice 330i wagon?

• Like 3

there is no way I would *pay* $9000 but that is roughly what the market value would be if it was as tidy as Brent says.

NZ New Genuine 110ks is very low and 1997 is one of the last ones. 

The E36 328i wagon is a very rare car to see nowadays, much like E46 330i wagons.

OF COURSE I would pick a nice E46 330i any day of the week. But then someone may ask, why not a E91 then? because they are like $10k now too, and dont even get me started on E30 wagons or just E30 prices in general...

it'a beauty, clearly cherished and well cared for.  how many owners, one?

I reckon it'd have to be at least six k all day long, seven for the right buyer, and if you had a bidding war eight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, qube said:

there is no way I would *pay* $9000 but that is roughly what the market value would be if it was as tidy as Brent says.

fascinating logic, Kyu.  We all acknowledge something for sale is only worth what someone else is willing to pay.  You wouldn't pay the $9k you say it's worth; though in fact it's only value is the sum that you *would* pay!

2 minutes ago, Olaf said:

fascinating logic, Kyu.  We all acknowledge something for sale is only worth what someone else is willing to pay.  You wouldn't pay the $9k you say it's worth; though in fact it's only value is the sum that you *would* pay!

hold on Olaf, i said its worth (9k less blah blah)  6-6.5k.

Its worth 9k if it had the msport kit along with some nice wheels like style 22, 24, 32, 39 :)

the beige interior is usually not my thing but when its in as good condition as this, you cant really say it looks bad!

• Like 2

I was bidding on one almost a year ago, good condition but high kms, just over 200k. Montreal Blue, same interior and wheels as this actually. It ended up going for $5800. So I think for low kms and better condition it would be at least $6-6500 upwards.

• Like 1

VIN: WBACF22060EV25424

Prod. Date: 1996-04-01

That's about as far away from 1997 as you can get.

Nice car though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Nice car though.

That's production date though, not model year. Could be a '97 model year, no?

7 minutes ago, Gabe79 said:

That's production date though, not model year. Could be a '97 model year, no?

No, it was built in April 1996, a MY97 would be no earlier than September 1996, more likely November.

It was first registered in November 1997 so sat around for quite some time unregistered. It's only through a disingenuous interpretation of registration law in NZ that it could be registered as a 1997 (covered in other topics here and elsewhere). It's a 1996 car. Pre-facelift too which is the instant giveaway.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, M3AN said:

No, it was built in April 1996, a MY97 would be no earlier than September 1996, more likely November.

It was first registered in November 1997 so sat around for quite some time unregistered. It's only through a disingenuous interpretation of registration law in NZ that it could be registered as a 1997 (covered in other topics here and elsewhere). It's a 1996 car. Pre-facelift too which is the instant giveaway.

That makes sense. Thanks. So in NZ the year a car is first registered counts as its model year, sort of? Weird as.

4 hours ago, M3AN said:

Nice car though.

yup typical nz new cars ,

nz bmw dealers get a deal on colours etc then they sit around or staff use for while before they sell

seen some cars that are 2 years apart from built to reg'd etc

it is what it is .

looks like 1 nz owner though as far as i can make out

2 hours ago, 3pedals said:

Nice car and in very nice condition, but three things devalue it:

1. poverty paint job - someone saved $2,000 on the original purchase price by not having the bumpers and skirts fully colour coded 
  2. poverty 16 inch wheels - much better on 17's 
  3. "comfort leather"  in poor condition - sport leather is essential to command a decent price. 

I'd pay $6k except I also don't like the colour 

1 , yup basic bmw nz order spec , cheapest spec they can order a model in

2. yes would be nice to have 17" , but car is so original i dont wan to change them

3 , actually quite good nic , photos dont really show them in there best light ,

have had of these cars before same spec , colour year etc . had about 160ks when i sold it , no where near as good condition as this one .

thanks for the feed back .

• Like 1

I saw a blue one in Wellington last night, didn’t have time to stop and photograph it.  It wasn’t a patch on this one.  From your photos, Brent, it looks like it deserves a description of “pristine”.

On 10/20/2017 at 6:14 PM, M3AN said:

I'm here with Dave. When I saw this E36, I thought "No way is this a 1997". From what I recall from a BMW mechanic and still very close friend back in South Africa, he said the easiest way to see if a BMW (E36 that is) is a 1997 or later, is to look at the kidneys. E36 BMWs manufactured from 1997 and onwards, had their kidneys modified to "stand out"...if you guys know what I mean. B)

11 minutes ago, 3pedals said:

Whats all the huha about -

There wasn't any. :thumbs-up:

18 hours ago, viskop said:

E36 BMWs manufactured from 1997 and onwards, had their kidneys modified to "stand out"...if you guys know what I mean. B)

nope, I'm afraid I don't.   Modified kidneys indeed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 3pedals said:

Whats all the huha about -

From the VIN we can verify it is an April 96 build from there we can speculate that it was used as a demonstrator or showroom car for about a year  and a half  and then registered in 97 when it was  sold, which was the practice back then

Agree - another example was the NZ new 840ci that was recently sold by an Auckland dealer.

This example was registered in 1997 model when in fact it was actually built in 1995 (as per the VIN) . Legend has it that it 'sat' as a 'demonstrator' with the original BMW dealer i.e. unsold (they couldn't sell it), for two years.

I had my 1996 840ci (UK model) parked next to this one when visiting the local dealership once. I asked a staff member why the 1997 NZ new one had the 4l and standard automatic as opposed to the 4.4l and steptronic that was in mine (and standard from March 1996 for the V8 8 series) they said different specs for different markets. Yeah right...

• Like 1