Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Insurance

Not quite the same old "who's best?" question, but something slightly different.

Is there an insurer who will sensibly insure the driver, rather than the car? Or who will insure several cars on a single policy?

When I was with NAC my policy wording said I was insured driving any vehicle, could be worth talking to them

3 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

I *think* I am insured for any vehicle I drive, with AA, would have to double check to be certain

If it is true, why am I insuring all my cars when I could be paying once :rolleyes:

If you do this, your cars won't be insured when you are not driving them - e.g. when you are parked at the side of the road etc. You will only be insured for damage to others resulting from collisions you cause. Nothing else.

• Like 1

I am a courier driver, my commercial policy says I am covered for any “reasonable” vehicle that I might be driving. But you wouldn’t want to know how much it costs....

This is getting confusing, so who or what is insured in the cases in question. Are you insuring your self or a vehicle or does the policy cover both the person and vehicle while together. As William has stated he is covered also even if he rides another person bike / vehicle is it all in the fine print??