Sign in to follow this  
swapsndeals

1990 AC Schnitzer 535i HD12

Picked this up a few months ago. Came with Schnitzer Kit Inc suspension, bodykit, exhaust, strut bar, steering wheel etc.  Is a NZ new manual HD12 with black leather m-tech seats.  I swapped the original Schnitzer wheels out with BBS rs 005 & 006 that I refurbed a few years ago with new Turanza tyres, it gave me a 1cm lift I needed to get up driveways etc.  Very happy with the cars performance & driveability.  If anyone knows more about the cars history I would be keen to hear.  Previous owner also threw in new Jim Conforti chip I'm yet to install.

IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8323.jpg

IMG_8322.jpg

IMG_8319.jpg

IMG_8321.jpg

Edited by swapsndeals
  • Like 5

looks good on the smaller bbs with chunky tyres.

so glad you didnt turn it into this:

ralph2.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, yea hard out although mine could do with the m5 number plate filler ? 

Wow very nice e34. Although that car in the stanceworks pic would handle like a wheel barrow. Looks like it's setup for a nascar race?

• Like 2

I'd like to respectfully suggest that going to taller tyres to get more ride height is not  the correct method as you'll be changing the speedo reading, how the car handles and accelerates and likely increasing the change of the tyres rubbing as they'll be even further up in the guards.

Unless of course you've changed to the correct size tyre, in which case ignore my comment.

that particular car or the HD12 in general?They were specced by BMW NZ to be a M5 lookalike.They were about 150 k in 1990.The e34 M% would have been about 200k so BMW NZ thought a poor mans M5  would be appropriate.In 1990 NZ was still in the throes of a financial crash that started in 1987.All the hd 12 were the same with electric adjusted sports seats Mtech suspension and body kit,Manual ,and the auto air con.I think i have my build sheet somewhere still

• Like 1

Very nice

Too bad none ive the M-sport spec'd cars ive examined had the bigger M5 swaybars. They are much nicer to drive with these combined with 17" alloys and a decent spring\shock package.  

I believe it was taken to Schnitzer where they added a stiffer & lower suspension package, possibility ruling out the need for the bigger sways although I haven't checked the rear bar yet. There is almost no body roll if any when hitting corners & bends hard & would probably out handle my m535i e28 not sure about m5 because I haven't driven an early one. 

Thanks for the comments to guys I appreciate it

Edited by swapsndeals

On 25/10/2017 at 6:19 PM, eliongater said:

I'd like to respectfully suggest that going to taller tyres to get more ride height is not  the correct method as you'll be changing the speedo reading, how the car handles and accelerates and likely increasing the change of the tyres rubbing as they'll be even further up in the guards.

Unless of course you've changed to the correct size tyre, in which case ignore my comment.

Yea your right I haven't got any rubbing though I've got a 2.3% increase in diameter with the current sizing from stock