Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

$1res 1991 850

I'm sure that this sold on TM a couple of weeks ago for $11k in Christchurch - then owner was requiring funds for a business venture if I recall.

The immediate previous owner is an 8 series enthusiast (they occasionally post on an 8er forum) and owns a number of 8ers. I would therefore presume that they have done the required maintenance that one of these requires.

I think this was also previously owned by a Bimmersporter as well.

Nice example!

Lots of these seem to come up in maroon. Would love to see more in silver, black, white and BMW blue. 

1 hour ago, NZ BMW said:

Lots of these seem to come up in maroon. Would love to see more in silver, black, white and BMW blue. 

Yellow!

They look awesome in yellow. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Michael. said:

Will be interesting to see where this goes. Probably 10k +/- 2k

I'd rather this at $10k than an e30 at $10k

(Though really I'd rather have the e39 540i six speed and $2k worth of maintenance and gas money :ph34r:)

• Like 2

Mmmm I think theres an exponential graph of car for money based on the complexity.

A lot of people pay good money for the E30s because of their simplicity, lightness look and charm

Bit different with a more formidable car to take on like an 850i, more complicated, heavier so less demand from the average punter.

Does mean a bargain can be had for those reasons however, if you've got the skills. 

Could the link be renewed doesn't show up

On 10/24/2017 at 9:41 PM, NZ BMW said:

It's an interesting point you make. Just looking at 8 coupe.com which is a fountain of knowledge if you love E31's- it states that 3,980  out of the total of 29,000 E31's ever made were delivered in Calypso red- the maroon you refer to. That's nearly 14%. I speculate that an ever higher proportion than that of the early ones came to NZ. The second most popular colour behind black. It seems that BMW were targeting wealthy, older customers when the E31 was launched- and the colours in the early days reflected that- targeting a more conservative hue. Even the interiors were more 'boring' with most having 'comfort seats'- reflected by the NZ New examples. The wheel options were rather conservative too. By  the time 850csi was launched- the colours / wheels became a tad more flamboyant- accentuating their body-kits. Personally, I think the best colours were the ones launched with the 840ci sport in the U.K. A lot were BMW 'individuals'and they all came with the body-kit. You saw some cool colors like Dakar yellow, violet, Avus blue, Hell red, etc - which really lent themselves to the shape. Even today in a cool colour with the right wheels they are a striking looking vehicle. 

• Like 1

I spotted the relisting & have read the questions, all valid, surely you would offer to store it for the new owner somewhere at his expense??

sonething is not right with this whole thing??

High chance vendor was winning bidder, I.e. shill bidding, Trademe should do somthing about it, but they don’t, most aren’t even that smart about it, like the E34 I got shilled on, shill bidder was flatmate of vendor so GPS or IP would make that pretty clear.

Pffft totally fishy, 12k then relisted for 15k

Classic example of not being happy with price and wanting more 

If it looks like a fish (or rat) smells like a fish (or rat) it probably is..............

I see now it’s relisted  again with a $14000.00 start price