Sign in to follow this  
the stig

E30 325i fuel pump

Is that from a pre-facelift or the plastic bumper face-lift, it's hard to tell from the photo but I think it's a pre-facelift, so this in tank pump works with the external pump on the outside of the tank in series?

Yes - I believe this is pre-facelift.  I bought an E30 fuel pump off trademe, however, when it was delivered, it turned out to be slightly different (I am guessing this is the difference between facelift and pre-facelift). See pump in top of photo which is the pump I bought off trademe, and the pump in bottom of photo is pump out of my car. Any ideas where I can locate a fuel pump like the one in bottom?

file-2.jpeg

Yes, correct this is the difference from the top between the two pumps. Early cars have an external high pressure pump as well as the in-tank, so the pre-facelift is only a low pressure lift pump and will not work with your facelift car.

I may have a facelift pump in my garage, as a spare I will have a look for you.

Do you need the whole cradle? Which is what you've pictured, or just the pump?  I have a used facelift pump that was working fine, only took out to upgrade to higher flow

To be honest, I am not sure whether I need just pump or whole cradle. Does the pump include the wiring, or is that just from cradle? Sorry for the noob question! 

Ehhhm what you've pictured is the cradle with the fuel level sender.  If you only need a pump you can reuse all that stuff.  Post a pic of the actual pump