Sign in to follow this  
qube

Ticket Scalping

So I have a genuine question regarding purchasing or selling secondhand concert tickets.

Imagine this scenario:

I buy tickets to concert X for $100 and for whatever reason I cant go so I on-sell it for $100 or $200 or whatever.

Buyer A receives the E-Ticket (with my name and email address on it) via email from me and goes to the concert on the day and its a happy chappy.

Now, if I cancel/refund the ticket or if there are any issues, buyer A will obviously come back to me and I will have to explain myself.

BUT what if, buyer A decides to be a smart a** and resells them again to buyer B for $300 etc, still with my name and email address on the ticket AND THEN, still attends the concert and gains entry before buyer B? 

OR what if, buyer A, resells them multiple times to buyer C, D, E, F... and so on... you can imagine whats going to happen when buyers CDEF turn up at the concert and only one of them can get in. They will be asking me!!

Any experiences or thoughts appreciated because this seems like a real problem, unless I am missing something that can prevent this.

This is a totally different issue to the more published problem regarding ridiculous prices by private scalpers or websites like viagogo etc.

Cheers!

I really think it comes down to common sense. If you really want a ticket to something get one on time yourself, if you miss out, tough.

If you buy third party, consider it a risk, and if you pay a lot, quite frankly I think it's foolish. 

Most ticket selling web-sites now have a "reselling" section where you can put the tickets up for re-sale but back through the orginal ticket company, and then what I believe happens if / when you sell your tickets is that your details are changed over to the new buyer and the ticket re-issued. seems a much more controlled and organised way of doing it.

Or only sell to friends / family you know won't then be a douche and try to on sell again.

At a recent gig Queens of teh stone age disallowed entry to a bunch of ticket holders unless they produced the credit card purchased on. Lots of people who had purchased tickets with friends and family, but could not arrive at the same time could not get in. 100s of unhappy punters. 

Thats the way its heading. 

When purchasing Glastonbury tickets you need to provide photo ID also.  

Would it not have been the promoter or the venue's decision to employ that requirement of the ticket holders? I would be very surprised if the band had any say in the matter.

If you have to actually pay for your tickets to Glasto, then you are nowhere near cool enough to be there anyway so no issues there.

I'm looking forward to Amazon getting into ticketing.  Hopefully they put ticketmaster out of business.

I would even pay $10 more per ticket as long as ticketmaster was sunk.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:16 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Would it not have been the promoter or the venue's decision to employ that requirement of the ticket holders? I would be very surprised if the band had any say in the matter.

If you have to actually pay for your tickets to Glasto, then you are nowhere near cool enough to be there anyway so no issues there.

I got it incorrect 

It was the foo fighters at the O2 arina in london. 

People needed to produce ID that matched the name on the ticket or no entry!!

Yeah, that's about right, the O2 arena have been dicks about entry since it opened. Strictest place I have ever been for a concert, bag checks for food and drink have always been completely over the top. This is obviously the next step.

Interestingly I had a couple of mates going to the V8s at Pukekohe at the week-end, and their mum bought the tickets on her credit card, and only she could go and pick the tickets up! Didn't even have the option to print the tickets at home.