Sign in to follow this  
blake12

Sqeaking 08 335i

MY 335i has developed a squeaking sound, it can be heard at low speeds 1-30 kmph - is more pronounced when on the throttle even slightly. 

It sounds like maybe coming from around left front wheel , but it could be from the engine. It's not a constant squeak but like a every 1-2 seconds kinda chirp. Sounds abit like a bird. 

There is no squeaking when the car is idling. 

Im reluctant to take to my mechanic yet because I probably couldn't replicate it. I hear it every 2-3 times driving it, and usually don't notice till im going up my driveway or going slow through the super market carpark. 

It's loud enough to make people look. Anyone had similar issues? Would it be a wheel/break bearing, or some belt somewhere in the engine or something? 

Edited by blake12

Check that the main drive belt is not starting to run off the tensioner bearing. If it is, replace the tensioner assembly and drive belt

Thankyou for this info, I have done some reasearch on what you mentioned and see it can be an issue. I will check this weekend. 

Because it only happens when it is warm, and on throttle, not when idling etc. I am thinking it is the brake sensor issue which seems to be more common - but I will definitely check the belt. 

It's not the belt. It's definitely front passenger wheel. 

Only on slow acceleration or crusing - speeds 0 - 40km. Goes away when using brakes. 

And only once wheels/brakes/car is hot. But it's really bad when it is there. And mostly constant at low speeds. 

I spent $350 at my mechanic, he took wheels off and sanded brakes down. Made no difference. 
Im now reluctant to take it anywhere to waste more money on fixes that aren't even related. 

Do you know what the brand of brake components are fitted ? Cheap Chinese knock off parts don't work on BMW's