Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kwhelan

Grand Tour Season 2

7 posts in this topic

Started again, first episode not too bad, you have such familiartity with them but there wasn't a lot of driving, plenty of scenery and camera shots. Showed some good shorts of bits to come and some of it looked epic. they've started another celebrity drivers track and it was absolute S%$t. 

Most interesting part was the 3 car challenge between old tech lambo hurrican, hybrid nsx and a fully electric Rimac concept one.

Show ends with hammonds big crash in Switzerland hillclimb in the Rimac. Interesting thing was the car kept reigniting itself for 5 days after the crash as the cells of the batteries imploded on each other in a thermal reaction. Like a samsung note 7 then really, maybe thats why all those californian homes are burning due to all the electric cars.

I didn't mind the concept of the celeb drivers, could have got some better celebs though...

The three cars were very well chosen, and the familiar banter between presenters was good as usual.

It was one hell of a crash, and speaks volumes for the car design and safety that Hammond made it out alive. I think if you drove a californian home off the same hill it would fare much worse, the homes burning down are far more likely caused by the thousands of acres of brush fires around them...

Personally I would have liked to have seen more in-depth info and comparison with the Rimac. 

anyone have a link please 

so that i can report and get it taken down....... obviously :)

2 people like this

I just watched it on Amazon Prime, this morning.  It's fairly good.  I guess that wasn't the link you were looking for!

Bit sad to see May's new haircut, and Hammond's dye-job.  His hair has become blacker; like a workmate we used to razz with the tone of each new improbable hair colour.

season two has been a bit average until this weeks ep 5 

insane ripsaw tank in Dubai and 1500 hp dune buggies

some stunning video work

ended up signing up to Amazon prime until the end of the season then I will quit.

Good to watch the first season again as well, and in better quality than the first time around I watched it too, ;)