Sign in to follow this  
gjm

Grand Tour - unexpected drag race result

I think it's a pretty different market for electric performance cars, generally for nerdy people that like to have the best 'stats' on their product, like a fast laptop and don't really care about the soul of cars which fuels most enthusiasts, being the engine noises, gear shifts and so forth. 

Electric cars are kinda like an Ipod, lots of features and can do everything well, but a little gimmicky and I'd rather play my favorite music on my vinyl record player, it's more of an occasion just like a petrol car.

Of course I think the regular commuter electric car is needed and a great idea, especially when hydrogen fuel cell technology overtakes battery cars with their short sighted battery technology, thats too expensive, too heavy, too taxing on resources, difficult to recycle and takes too long to charge. 

Edited by Michael.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael. said:

I think it's a pretty different market for electric performance cars, generally for nerdy people that like to have the best 'stats' on their product, like a fast laptop and don't really care about the soul of cars which fuels most enthusiasts, being the engine noises, gear shifts and so forth. 

Electric cars are kinda like an Ipod, lots of features and can do everything well, but a little gimmicky and I'd rather play my favorite music on my vinyl record player, it's more of an occasion just like a petrol car.

Of course I think the regular commuter electric car is needed and a great idea, especially when hydrogen fuel cell technology overtakes battery cars with their short sighted battery technology, thats too expensive, too heavy, too taxing on resources, difficult to recycle and takes too long to charge. 

As a driver of an electric car who doesn't fit any of the rest of your descriptions... I think you're incorrect generally. Surely there are people who love their petrol cars, just as there are those lovely folks who like "Rolling Coal" and such, but given there are viable electric daily drivers around, and the sheer quantity of Nissan Leafs on the road in Auckland... I think electrics as dailies are already here. It's waiting on the Teslas of the world to come down in price that is the ticket.

I don't think you followed what I said. 

I actually said electric commuter cars were a great idea, especially when they run hydrogen systems. 

Anyway............ 

• Like 1

Actually, that's not an unexpected result. Anybody that was thinking the gas cars would win over an electric hyper-car doesn't know their cars.

A Tesla S would probably beat those other two in a drag race.

100% torque at 0 RPM really does mean something.

I'm actually surprised the BBC can't sue them. It is effectively Top Gear.

14 hours ago, M3AN said:

I'm actually surprised the BBC can't sue them. It is effectively Top Gear.

agreed thought the same, guess it would just boost their publicity and marketing tho which would then backfire, prob thought better of it