Sign in to follow this  
mosen

New Wellington member, absolute noob

Hey guys, new Wellington member.

Used to have a little 316, car-less for 3 years, decided to take things seriously this time...

Got myself a 2008 335i M Sport Coupe. Plan is to walnut blast it, get an aftermarket chargepipe, xHP/JB4 flash, and see where it goes from there.

Any recommendations for work to do, and shops to get it done?

Cheers

693736625.jpg

693736790.jpg

• Like 2

Nice clean 335i, I would highly recommend the MHD tunes as they can be tailored to your car depending on how modified your car is. yes to a new charge pipe and an intercooler upgrade is highly recommended as the stock intercooler is borderline. As to shops in Wellington I haven't had a lot of luck to be fair. Most of the Euro shops are good with the older stuff but not many seem up with the play on the N54 issues. Mike Paige in Kapiti has a good rep. 

On 24/12/2017 at 10:14 AM, Herbmiester said:

Nice clean 335i, I would highly recommend the MHD tunes as they can be tailored to your car depending on how modified your car is. yes to a new charge pipe and an intercooler upgrade is highly recommended as the stock intercooler is borderline. As to shops in Wellington I haven't had a lot of luck to be fair. Most of the Euro shops are good with the older stuff but not many seem up with the play on the N54 issues. Mike Paige in Kapiti has a good rep. 

How is The Toy Shop Wellington? I assumed they would be a great point of contact.

Hey Jarrod and welcome from the Welly crew. Very nice coupe :) Recommend you also connect with @Mr Hyde and compare notes with @#E91FUN too as he is plotting his 335i modding pathway ….

FYI we have recently revived the BMW Car Club down here - regular events for members and BimmerSporters - let me know if you are interested in finding out more ….

Pete