Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

Someone got carried away with M Stripes

That's a bargain for an "M3"...I am very tempted to buy it now!! :P:D

But in all honesty, I don't mind a stripe here or there, but that is WAY overboard. What were they thinking?? :huh:

• Like 1

And it's usually on a non-M, and of course a 320i :\

I love the passion for the brand this shows, but the brand also in general represents refinement and performance. :(

• Like 1

they are about $3 for 10m or so on Wish.com hardly an expencive exercise and can take it off easy enough if ya change your mind. SOmeone elses car they can do what they want

• Like 3

I agree. If it weren't for these clowns putting tacky sh*t all over their ecoboxes, i couldn't have a laugh at their expense

• Like 1

Hahaha, I saw this thing in the wild a few months ago... the stage 4 ebay tune is amaze!

I think this would look cool on a track car. I guess the new owner can remove that should they wish. 

I always find this kind of stuff interesting, if you consider who is likely to pay top dollar for a very low mileage 320i I can’t imagine it’s anyone who wants an extra side of BMW M stripes. 

This will sit for a while I think. 

Is that an SU jet adjusting spanner on the keyring?  (Who remembers them?)

Argghhhhhh my eyes!  I cannot unsee that.  Can anyone say riceroni?

2 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Aaaand here ya go

Possible booby prize for the next Coffee meet?

BRILLIANT!  

So much for "graphics professionally done". okay, end rant. 

Tastefully applied to something deserving I think that tape can look okay... am I the odd one out? :lol:

Edited by M3AN

On 12/29/2017 at 8:22 AM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

To be fair, BMW started it. My M5 has 20 ///M emblems all fitted by BMW, the logical next step is to just turn the entire car into an ///M badge! ;)

20! :blink:

I think the E36 M3 has 10 fresh from of the factory (3 outside, 7 in). Stock coupe at least, 'vert doesn't have seat stripes I don't think.

I suppose you could add some wheels, which would be 5 more. "M POWER" but no stripes in the engine bay (stock). 

23 hours ago, M3AN said:

Tastefully applied to something deserving I think that tape can look okay... am I the odd one out? :lol:

Not the odd one out, I totally agree with you, the stripes look very good, especialoly on white M cars. However, that much tape on a non-M Sport 3 series, has gone more than a little way over the line!!

• Like 2

On 1/14/2018 at 8:25 PM, aja540i said:

To be fair, BMW started it. My M5 has 20 ///M emblems all fitted by BMW, the logical next step is to just turn the entire car into an ///M badge! ;)

My 335i has 7 that I can think of. Although it's down to 3 as I'm not using the stock wheels...yes the wheels have little M badges on them, lol (style 225).
The F series models get even worse. At least mine doesn't get a factor M badge on the boot, the new ones do if they're M-Sport. 

2 hours ago, Matth5 said:

The F series models get even worse. At least mine doesn't get a factor M badge on the boot, the new ones do if they're M-Sport. 

No factory M badge on the boot (unless it's an M2/3/4 etc) they were added as local fitment until a few years ago as a NZ thing, following on from the M325i.

New M-sports do have two tiny badges on the front guards though...

34 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

No factory M badge on the boot (unless it's an M2/3/4 etc) they were added as local fitment until a few years ago as a NZ thing, following on from the M325i.

New M-sports do have two tiny badges on the front guards though...

Ah looks like they're not doing it with most models now. Still with the 2 series though, the "M/// 240i". 

That's because the 240i is in fact an M Performance model, and is designated as an M240i.

Same as the M140i, X3 M40i and the X5 M50d. There is a big difference between these M Performance cars and a model with the M-Sport pack fitted.