Sign in to follow this  
drtimwright

Front control arm rear bushes

Hey everyone,

My car just got a warrant with this note:

"Front control arm rear brushes soft need replacing soon"

Before I order them, can someone please double check I'm buying the right part:

https://runautoparts.com.au/holder-control-arm-mounting-300-610-0001

I'll probably buy the bracket too unless there is another option that I can put in without a fancy bit of equipment. Wouldn't mind going Polyurethane but will depend if I can find them!

Tim

4 hours ago, WYZEUP said:

Cheers @WYZEUP - I was contemplating polyeurethene because they seem (from youtube videos) to be easier to install (in that I don't need a press - only a hacksaw and a multi tool to remove the old bushes). But I'll see if there are easier ways to install the bushes too :)

Tim

The E36 M3/Z3M rubber bushings (OEM# 31129069035) are a nice halfway spot between OEM and Poly.  I use a large vice to press the bushing in and have a large tapered bearing race as a spacer to press the bushing through the housing the  5mm or so needed to set it up.

Z3 M OEM#31129069035.jpg

Edited by NZ00Z3

I have some new OEM E36 bushes already pressed in the E36 lollipop arms if your interested ? Pm me

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, APT said:

I have some new OEM E36 bushes already pressed in the E36 lollipop arms if your interested ? Pm me

Cheers - I have sent you a PM. Have also bought a set from trademe (one of the ones linked by @WYZEUP) but it'd be good to have a fallback in case I can't install those ones.

Tim

Edited by drtimwright

Just a hint for when you go to fit the new bushes, the mounting point on the control arm will be caked with many years of dirt and debris, I clean them down with fine sandpaper to get them nice and clean, and a lot smoother. This makes installation a lot easier. You could probably use a wire brush or something similar as well.

Getting the old bushing out can be a bit of a chore but drill out the rubber surrounds first and then use a hack saw to cut the shell from the inside then you can just hahammer them out. 

Thanks for all the help everyone! The new bushings and lollipops are now on the car. I bought replacement bushes but couldn't get these into the lollipops so put the 'backup' pre-combined lollipops from @APT in there.

So if anyone needs some E36 control arm rear lollipops and bushes, I have some for sale. Will put on trademe and then post here.

• Like 1