Sign in to follow this  
Prayforurlyf

New Member from Ruatoki.

Hey fam. Noob to BMWs. Been driving cars 22 years.... driving this makes me feel like a learner

2008 530D

Only plan I have is make it last forever. Keep it going and in top condition. Hopefully there are plenty of tips around to help do so. 

Read the rules. Pics still from my phone. But yeah. Still a solid shot.

received_1511110805590699.jpeg

• Like 3

not many 530d on the forum but there is a bit of knowledge and experience with the e60 platform.I beleive the diesels like a longer run.In my view the issues peculiar to the 530 might be swirl flaps(not 100 prcent sure on that) the auto(relatively high torque engine) and the dpf.

I would like a 530d or 535d myself too!

• Thanks 1

Yeah. I think removing the swirl flaps will be my first project. I thought I was a bit of a backyard mechanic until I heard "Swirl flaps". Then I was right back at the learning stage. Doesnt look too hard to do though. 

Its got solid power aye. More than I would have imagined. And fuel consumption is good. Definitely hard to find resources and parts. But yeah. No buyers remorse here.

i love the way diesels drive.Sometime i miss that high revs hit you can get with petrol but for me its diesel.

• Thanks 1