Sign in to follow this  
RobD

Feeler - Price Indications for 335i

Hi all,

I'm just looking for collective thoughts on what my car might be worth in today's rather flooded 335i market as I am considering a trade up to an E90 M3: Personally imported from London in 2013.

Black Sapphire Metallic 2007 model with 168,000km (Imported at 128,000 km and essentially 2/3 of the mileage since has been on road trips and motorway)

Lemon Dakota interior with brushed aluminium trim

M Sport with exterior shadow line trim

Anthracite headlining

Replica dark lines (originals available)

Gloss black front grill (originals available)

Six speed manual

Bilstein B12 kit and associated bushes and mounts installed 5,000km ago

TRW M3 front control arms installed 5,000km ago

OE tie rods replaced (preventative measure) 3,000km ago

Engine mounts replaced (preventative measure) 3,000km ago

Ignition coils and spark plugs replaced 3,000 km ago

Compression tested (all around 175-180psi), smoke tested, boost solenoids and wastegates tested (out of curiosity) and all in order

Walnut blasted 10,000km ago

MHD Stage 1 93 tune

Turbos replaced at 100,000km

Water pump and ABS pump replaced at 130,000km

Four of six Injectors replaced (bank of three replaced in London at 100,000km and a single injector replaced here in Auckland at 130,000km)

Near new APEX ARC-8 19x8.5" and 19x9.5" with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 235/35R19 and 265/30R19 (less than 3,000km on these)

Serviced every 5-8,000km at Bellars and Burgers

Usual extras - Bluetooth, pro nav, heated seats, cruise, xenons etc. 

Some stone chips and road rash around front bumper and bonnet but otherwise good condition

I'd be interested to hear thoughts - fully aware there are a lot of 335s around now!

Cheers,

Rob

There isn't one 6 speed manual 335i on the market in NZ as far as I can see, so you have that going for you. 

If you still have the stock wheels, you might be better off selling the Apex wheels separately. They only add value to the car if the buyer really likes them. 

2 hours ago, Matth5 said:

If you still have the stock wheels, you might be better off selling the Apex wheels separately. They only add value to the car if the buyer really likes them. 

This is true.  I do still have the 193s and good rubber.

Edited by RobD

5 hours ago, m325i said:

There isn't one 6 speed manual 335i on the market in NZ as far as I can see, so you have that going for you. 

It is quite rare in that sense.  It was also purchased from the creative director of Top Gear, which definitely adds 50% to the value

On 10/01/2018 at 4:47 PM, RobD said:

...which definitely adds 50% to the value

...and is offset by the fact that it'll rust out because it's from the UK.

Sorry to say. :(

The good news is most people (even if they've been told) don't believe that so will purchase anyway.

16 minutes ago, M3AN said:

...and is offset by the fact that it'll rust out because it's from the UK.

Sorry to say. :(

The good news is most people (even if they've been told) don't believe that so will purchase anyway.

I guess even when people are told not to generalise they still do. 

Couple of points - South West Coast based car  - roads aren't salted there (or at all in the UK - they grit their roads, at least during the decade I was there) 

Four + years of ownership and zero rust.

Thanks though.

• Like 2

I would say being a manual its a 20k car or close to it. The Kms are highish as many of the jap import 335is arrive here with 50 to 70 k on the clock. I would say that with the M3 suspesion upgrades and MHD tune your 335i is probably as quick as an m3, and the huge torque difference will be noticeable. It is not of course an M car and that for many is the important bit, but for push on driving on NZ roads I am not convinced you will be getting a noticeably better car, however if track days are your thing the M3 will likely have advantages. It wont overheat the oil and the brakes are better plus it has an lsd, but that will probably cost you an extra 20 to 30k.

15-20k.  Sounds like a nice car.

Agree, the M3 probably isn't a step up performance wise.