Sign in to follow this  
Stevo44

Owens Manual

Hi Stevo44 from Christchurch here . I've brought a X5 2004 yippy . But it has no Oweners manual with it . So I've had it suggested that I download 1 from the internet. But now I've fund this forum I'm hoping to find a original NZ 1 so any 1 known if it's possible and its got the carcoal hood lining which ive been told is the Mspec is that ture ? 

1515722835243632238097.jpg

Edited by Stevo44
Bad spelling and had another Q toask relating to topic
  • Like 1

Hi Stevo, welcome along!    If you do a carjam on your rego number, get the last seven digits of the VIN,  then enter them into an online BMW VIN checker such a BMWVIN.com.  that'll give you all the option info for your X5.

You can get the correct manual from your local BMW dealer (typically on order), and they usually seem to go around the $100-120 mark (depending on your model).  Alternately look for a full set used (including the leather folder) from ebay in the USA, you'll probably find that'll run you about USD35 plus freight... the differences with the NZ manual (which is probably a European version, in English), are minimal.

Hope that helps.

Nice wagon, BTW!

• Like 1

Howdy Steve and welcome to BimmerSport - good to see another E53 owner on here :) Looks very nice in black and with those rims. 

Yes the dark 'anthracite' hoodlining marks your vehicle as a Sports Package or 'SportPac' which usually means sports steering wheel, seats and suspension. Yours is also the facelift model judging by the nose and the date - so you'll have the better xDrive 4WD system and the more powerful N62 engine as well. 

@Tom Delahunty up here has a similar vehicle and might be good to compare notes.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my 2001 (pre-facelift) E53 4.4i SportPac with 227KMs on it, but spent a fair bit of dosh on overdue/'bound to happen' maintenance -even with a mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) plan. If you don't have one of these, look at getting one. Jono at MTF Mt Victoria here in Welly (ph 027 22 44 295) can arrange one for you - BMW Car Club members are eligible for a decent discount too.

I've just downloaded a manual in PDF form - lots of other things to spend  on :)

This is my beasty here ...

WP_20170924_10_40_31_Pro (Large).jpg

Edited by TermiPeteNZ
Adding contact details for MTF
  • Like 2

Hi hay can ya tell me about why my rear view mirror would come up with NO CARD lol i hear all sorts of things but as you have a X5 maybe you can solve this cheers  

Hi try Brent BM World a forum sponsor for a manual believe he dismantled one.

23 minutes ago, Stevo44 said:

Hi hay can ya tell me about why my rear view mirror would come up with NO CARD lol i hear all sorts of things but as you have a X5 maybe you can solve this cheers  

Hey Steve - this would imply that yours is a Jap import with a toll mirror. Look up your rego on www.carjam.co.nz which will give you your VIN - enter the last 7 characters into www.bimmer.work/ and this will give you your detailed spec ....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Hey Steve - this would imply means that yours is a Jap import with a toll mirror.

L810A National version Australia from VIN. How's that work?

Just now, Gabe79 said:

L810A National version Australia from VIN. How's that work?

Which rego did you check Steve's (which you can't see in the pic) or mine (JHC777)? We're talking about Steve's :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Which rego did you check Steve's (which you can't see in the pic) or mine (JHC777)? We're talking about Steve's :D

Blast!. I did the obvious, yes. Sorry.

• Like 2