Sign in to follow this  
Omni Carlo

320i 2010 power steering Oil

Hello all,

i m thinking to change the power steering oil in my 2010 320i but i m confused that which oil should I put in...... on the cap it says ATS oil but nothing else and when I went to check it with repco and supercheap they told me that there are few of them like ATS gen x2, so if someone can help me with this that would be great.

Regards,

Aman

have a look at your Power Steering Cap.  It'll specify if it's CHF-11S (which is not compatible with Dexron III ATF!).  If you're unsure, you could call BMW and they should be able to tell you what the right oil is, based on your rego/VIN number.

HTH

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply,

the caps says ATF only with some japnese letter but when i went to repco they said that ATF dex III is only for cars prior to 2005 and as i have 2010 so it would not be suitable so if someone can help that would be great.

regards,

Aman

If you ring the dealer and give them the last 7 digits on your VIN im sure they can help

If you remove some fluid from the reservoir and place it on something white you will be able confirm if its running CHF or ATF. CHF = green tint, ATF = red 

If it uses ATF then a full synthetic DX3 or 4 would work fine

• Like 1