Sign in to follow this  
emandru

e34 sls strut leaking

Hey guys,

Looking over my car today and noticed the rear SLS strut starting to leak.  Does anyone know of anyone that can rebuild these in NZ?  Also does anyone know of where I can purchase another one used or new?

Cheers

Eddy

have a set from a e34 m5 sedan .

11 hours ago, emandru said:

Thanks Brent.  How much are you after?

actual these might not suit as they are edc as well , new cost well over $2k each .

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwii8PbQsNPYAhUMvLwKHSafAvEQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ecstuning.com%2Fb-genuine-bmw-parts%2Frear-shock-absorber-left-no-longer-available%2F37122227493%2F&psig=AOvVaw33mtU5YaONdDIwKvojsG8L&ust=1515879311249872

new ones that are not edc are about $500usd each

guys in Russia rebuild them etc

or you could convert to no sls type , need , std touring springs and touring shocks .

lowtec do a kit

Ya I was going ask if you can send through some photos.  I've read that the m5 sometimes came with edc in the rear also and sometimes they came with just sls.  The sls m5 strut did however look different from that of the regular e34 but could be swapped between the two vehicles.  Can you snap a photo of a strut and send it through?

Also saw there are some guys up in Poland that rebuild them.  I was going to contact some shops in NZ first to see if anyone would give a whirl as shipping would be a lot easier and then may try europe if im not successful.  I am pretty keen to keep the SLS system.

Also let me know if anything comes in that you know may work.

Cheers

Eddy

has to be wagon struts as heights are different ,

pic, is like the link above