Sign in to follow this  
Simca

e30 Manual Wagon

Sheeesht.

If anyone had told me even a couple of years ago that an E30 would list for $13k I would have laughed. And laughed and laughed.

How times change.

E30 prices are getting ridiculous, just buy an E36 and enjoy the fact that its a better car for less money.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

E30 prices are getting ridiculous, just buy an E36 and enjoy the fact that its a better car for less money.

Most E30 guys will even tell you that from a mechanical point of view the E36 is the better car.

But the interiors suck, the doors suck, the cooling system sucks, and it just looks like a dated 90s car, doesn't look like a classic

• Like 3

4 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

Most E30 guys will even tell you that from a mechanical point of view the E36 is the better car.

But the interiors suck, the doors suck, the cooling system sucks, and it just looks like a dated 90s car, doesn't look like a classic

i cant say why but the E36 has never struck a chord with me...

5 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

E30 prices are getting ridiculous, just buy an E46 and enjoy the fact that its a better car for less money.

fixed that for ya! ;)   Can generally skip the e36 and head straight to GO, collect an e46 (better again I'm sure you'd agree) for less money than today's e30. 

Tidy motorsport\M3 E36's look smart but for me seeing so many ugly pos ones around does a disservice. Prefer the E46 too but it's got its own issues. E30's will always be king.    

No I meant E36, clasic good looks especially the coupe,  doors interior etc can all be fixed reasonably easily. For a track day car you could get an M3 for the price of some e30 325i's.

On 21/01/2018 at 8:41 AM, Eagle said:

Tidy motorsport\M3 E36's look smart but for me seeing so many ugly pos ones around does a disservice. Prefer the E46 too but it's got its own issues. E30's will always be king.    

Gotta agree here enjoy a tidy coupe but there are so many ratty ones round. E30s are just straight cool but in reality the 46s are much nicer for much less.

• Like 1

There are quite a few baggy e36s around for sure but for that reason tidy ones stick out like dogs balls. I have seen a few slammed E30s in the last few months and they just scream flat peak, no idea numpties. 

• Like 3

Being an owner of all three (e30, e36, e46) I feel really confused. Our e30 coupe cost 3x as much as the e36, is way "cooler" alot quicker, manual and fairly timeless but I'm drawn towards the ugly duckling, the e36. As a consequence that's where the attention has been going. I like the lines. The cleanliness of the interior and engine bay. E46 is definitely a the least favorite child sitting in in the rain. 

• Like 2