Sign in to follow this  
JohnM575

E46 330i MSport Touring

I originally missed out on buying this Touring  when it came up for sale in October (and settled for this instead). It sold within a couple of hours of it being listed on Trademe to a friend of the seller, despite the seller promising me the car was mine after I had negotiated to buy it sight unseen...

To my surprise it came back up for sale on Trademe just before Christmas. Once again I pounced, and this time I was successful in acquiring it.

So, the car:

• NZ New E46 330i Motorsport Touring (1 of 4 NZ New examples so I am told). 
  • Sapphire Black.
  • 207km.
  • Facelift.
  • Leather electric seats.
  • No mods other than the TSW Valencia wheels (great fitment but not my taste...will be changed in due course).

The seller had mentioned that the shocks were due for replacement, and this was confirmed on the first Auckland to Coromandel drive over the new year break. Compared to my lower km E46 325i MSport, the car lacked dampening and felt considerably harsher (partially due to the 18" wheel/tyre combination). A set of adjustable Koni Sport shocks have been ordered to tighten things up and provide rebound adjustability if and when so desired. After that, a set of Style 68's or other OEM BMW wheels will replace the TSW's.

Cosmetically the car is in great condition given the mileage. I have started a deep leather clean and condition on the interior (Pears soap method) which is lifting an unbelievable amount of grime from the leather. A time consuming process, but ultimately worth it!

IMG_2015[1].JPG

IMG_1997[1].JPG

IMG_2033[1].JPG

• Like 7

good work , these are nice cars

we used to have a nz new 2002 blaqck 330i touring until someone ran up the back of it , writing it off .

21 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

good work , these are nice cars

we used to have a nz new 2002 blaqck 330i touring until someone ran up the back of it , writing it off .

Yes I've been impressed so far; the extra torque over the M54B25 is a nice addition. Can't wait to see what the Koni's will do for the ride too.

• Like 1

The Touring had a quick visit to Auckland City BMW to get the Koni Sport shocks installed and a new steering coupler to remedy the dead on centre feel. These items combined have tightened up the feel and handling of the car significantly.

I also managed to pick up a set of near new Style 350M wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Back to the OEM(+) look :EWBTE-min:

IMG_2533.JPG

• Like 7

What's the part number for the steering coupler, please?  And are they pricey?  I think my e46 touring (325i) could do with one.

6 hours ago, Olaf said:

What's the part number for the steering coupler, please?  And are they pricey?  I think my e46 touring (325i) could do with one.

Make sure you get the rhd version as the lhd one wont fit.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 10:46 AM, Olaf said:

Will check the part number and price tonight - I paid the full dealership price as I wanted it done then and there. ECS/FCP Euro were significantly cheaper from memory.

Update: Part number B32306761571 - $271+GST.

Edited by JohnM575
  • Like 2

The cheapest RHD i can find is well over $240 overseas and that's without shipping so that price ain't too bad for NZ. Either way its one of those BS priced BMW items. 

2 hours ago, qube said:

any more pics of these wheels on the car?

Will get some tonight ?

11 hours ago, qube said:

are you running the square or staggered? fitment is A+!

Staggered -  18x8 ET30 with 225/40/18 on the front, 18x9 ET44 with 245/35/18 on the rear. I ideally would like a tyre with a slightly taller sidewall on the rear, however these tyres came with the wheels so I am running them until they need replacing. Plan to replace with a 255/35/18 or 265/35/18 on the rear to gain a bit of ride comfort and to fill the arch out a little more.

Edited by JohnM575